User Avatar Image

Cowboys and Aliens

posted by SpielbergFan on - last edited - Viewed by 539 users
After the other discussions about upcoming films, I thought this would deserve its own thread. Is anyone else here looking forward to "Cowboys and Aliens"? It will come out on July 29th in the USA and around the world the weeks after.

Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford together in an action adventure produced by Steven Spielberg - a combination of western and sci-fi - that can't be bad.:)

For the ones who never heard of it - here are the trailers and tv spots.

http://www.youtube.com/cowboysandaliensfilm

So what do you think of it?
27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm cautiously looking forward to it. The talent behind it is frankly awesome but I do fear that it will degenerate into a plot light, braindead, special effects laden extravaganza. One thing in particular that does bug me at this stage is that the aliens tech features lots of blue lighting, as seen in far too many Science-Fiction films at the moment. If you don't know what I'm referring to then look no further than the farcical rubbish that is "Skyline"...

[CENTER]image
    "Don't Watch It" more like.[/CENTER]
  • They should definitely switch the lighting to bright orange once and awhile. Just to spice things up. Or olive green!
  • Alcoremortis;511298 said:
    They should definitely switch the lighting to bright orange once and awhile. Just to spice things up. Or olive green!
    I get the reference. Yay for me! :D
  • Davies;511310 said:
    I get the reference. Yay for me! :D
    Cool!

...What was I referencing again?
  • Alcoremortis;511311 said:
    Cool!

...What was I referencing again?
    I thought you were referencing this particular fad. Perhaps you just accidently made a relevant reference.
  • Davies;511322 said:
    I thought you were referencing this particular fad.
    Okay, I'm totally referencing that! Yup! Yessiree!
  • Alcoremortis;511329 said:
    Okay, I'm totally referencing that! Yup! Yessiree!
    Amazing, absolutely incredible! You made a great, humourous reference and you didn't even mean to! You are effortlessly cool my friend.

... but of course that's not true because you totally meant to do that. :D
  • Davies;511338 said:
    Amazing, absolutely incredible! You made a great, humourous reference and you didn't even mean to! You are effortlessly cool my friend.

... but of course that's not true because you totally meant to do that. :D
    I don't think my signature's big enough to contain all the awesome things you've said about me.

Oh wait, nevermind.
  • I, too, am cautiously optimistic.

The concept sounds so cheesy, but in an awesome sort of way. Does that make sense? Probably not.

I will however probably be spending the entire movie wishing that Harrison Ford was Han Solo.
  • There's actually going to be a movie called Cowboys and Aliens? Well, stranger things have happened and worked out well I guess.
Add Comment