User Avatar Image

Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

posted by Squarehard on - last edited - Viewed by 22K users
Hi this is Jake from Telltale, dropping a note into the top of this post.

I know we usually don't edit posts like this, but I wanted to let anyone reading this thread know that the discs and much of the merchandise is shipping out now! You can read about the details, and see pictures from the manufacturing press check, and more, in this Telltale blog post.

Now back to the original post by Squarehard...

It's been about two months since I put in my order for the standard DVD, and it has yet to arrive, or even ship.

And now when I go to check the status, the item is backordered.

I don't like to complain about stuff like this often, but this is starting to get ridiculous.

Why even offer to sell the DVDs if they're never going to ship out anyways, and paying for the shipping ahead of time just to have nothing to show for it months after.

I won't make too big of a deal about this unless it takes another two months, at which time, I'm sure there is going to be a much bigger deal made about it, not just from me.

Love the game, not so happy with the company right now.
2.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Still waiting on my Deluxe Edition + Drinking Vessel. Ordered on the 8th of October, site says shipped on the 12th.

USPS still says "Status: Electronic Shipping Info Received".

Guess I have another month to wait still?
  • I may be tempting fate here, but I'm astounded that I haven't seen a Sam & Max version of this thread yet. Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention.
  • O_O I purchased the pre-order of Monkey Island last year, and never received the DVD. I've given up waiting since. Telltale is shit fullstop.
  • GuruGuru214;399294 said:
    I may be tempting fate here, but I'm astounded that I haven't seen a Sam & Max version of this thread yet. Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention.

I guess everyone got there copy really quick.
  • coolsome;514587 said:
    I guess everyone got there copy really quick.

"their" not "there"
  • EggsonToast;514582 said:
    O_O I purchased the pre-order of Monkey Island last year, and never received the DVD. I've given up waiting since. Telltale is shit fullstop.
    Er, did you actually order the DVD itself and pay for postage? When you pre-order or order a season, the DVD is not automagically shipped to you when available, you have to make a separate order for that. If you already own the ToMI downloadable season, you can still order the DVD for free, and just pay for postage.
  • I can't remember if i did or not this was ages ago-- but thanks for the suggestion.
  • May I ask why you didn't contact the support back then?
  • User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator
    EggsonToast;514659 said:
    I can't remember if i did or not this was ages ago-- but thanks for the suggestion.
    This page has a recap of your games and orders (the orders are under "Stuff You've Bought: a retrospective").
    If your order just says "Tales of Monkey Island" with no mention of a "Standard DVD" or "Deluxe Edition", then you did not order the DVD.
    You can still get it for free (plus shipping) from this page.
  • Eh, this thread brings back horrible, horrible memories. But, at the same time, I do sort of miss them. It at least provided a bit of excitement on these boards, and we still got to talk about a genuinely interesting game...

Even the bad memories make me want to have the old 'Tales' days back.
Add Comment