User Avatar Image

The Awful Karaoke Thread

posted by Davies on - last edited - Viewed by 5K users
Come on peeps, it's time to shatter some ear drums with a bit of tuneless warbling. Why not join the party? I'll kick things off...

I Wanna Be Like You (from the Jungle Book)

PLEASE NOTE: To listen, just click on the little "play" symbol on the linked page.

Now it's your turn...

P.S. If you're a little too shy to have a go yourself then you can always hunt online for other people's strained vocal chords (like this bloke for example).
165 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Silverwolfpet;525388 said:
    2x speed would make it difficult to understand for others.

...and I admit that may be waaay over my possibilities...

But I'll trade you the double speed for a French Accent :) Deal?

...and I can't seem to find a karaoke/instrumental version. Help?
    Sounds good to me. :D

Found an awful midi version, but that's about it, haha.
  • ShaggE;525385 said:
    Could play piano first and put vox down on top of it. Nothing wrong with a capella, though.
    Well, I'm also just plain rubbish at playing piano at all. Except when it comes to playing the Nyan Cat song. Then I'm brilliant.
  • Alcoremortis;525400 said:
    Well, I'm also just plain rubbish at playing piano at all. Except when it comes to playing the Nyan Cat song. Then I'm brilliant.
    I've never heard of the Nyan Cat song before but a quick trip to YouTube revealed this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4

... is that the song you're referring to? Either way, it's adorable.

I love animals
    I particularly adore cats (I worship them like an old time Egyptian).
    I like the bright primary colours found in rainbows.
    I fascinated by space and the stars.
    And, I'm really not sure but is that a cat that's been spliced with a Pop Tart (presumably via Seth Brundle's teleporting pods)?!
    Pop Tart's are a thing of nostalgia for me and everyone know's that nostalgia makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. MMMMmmmmmm
    That song (and accompanying video) is all kinds of awesome.

I'm never going to get to sleep tonight because now I'm got that kitty's mewsic (sorry) stuck in my head.
  • Nyan Cat used to have its own custom time bar on Youtube.
  • Alcoremortis;525400 said:
    Hey, I'm rubbish at guitar! Let's form a band!
  • Davies;525403 said:
    I've never heard of the Nyan Cat song before but a quick trip to YouTube revealed this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4
    ... is that the song you're referring to? Either way, it's adorable.
    That is indeed the song that I am referring to. I can play it on the piano...though not quite as fast. And only occasionally as accurate. But the sheet music said "Repeat until Forever" at the refrain so I'm afraid I can never stop!
    ShaggE;525416 said:
    Hey, I'm rubbish at guitar! Let's form a band!
    YES! All we need is a rubbish drummer and a rubbish bass and we can be the Detritus Band!
  • Daishi's tracks are the glossiest of the lot so far :)

Can't wait to hear Major General being tackled either, it's ahrd enough when English is your native language never mind your second.

Here's Stray Cat Strut i've shortened it down considerably at the request of health and safety.
  • JedExodus;525575 said:
    Here's Stray Cat Strut i've shortened it down considerably at the request of health and safety.
    Yay! I love that song. Nice one. :)

(although I would have prefurred, or should that be prepurred, the full length version)
  • Cheers Davies! There's nothing like a bitta rockabilly on a Sunday evening. Looking forward to hip-hop Monday :p
  • Okay, here we go, prepare to have copious amounts of blood pouring from your ears...

(as always, click on the tiny, little play button on the opened links)

Norwegian Wood (The Beatles)

Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd) - This is my natural singing voice, as bad as it is. :p

Especially for Alcoremortis... Want You Gone (Jonathan Coulton) -With special guest Cockerel

And lastly, a video recording of my previously hinted at rap song.

P.S. Here's an extra special bonus, mystery song.
Add Comment