User Avatar Image

1-Up provides Suggestions for Telltale Franchises.

posted by StrongBrush1 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users
The brain geniuses over at 1-Up have apparently run out of good ideas, so they have posted a list of franchises they'd like to see from Telltale.

The list can be found here.

My Commentary on their picks.

The Goonies: I've never seen the movie, and I don't know anybody who has especially fond memories of it, so why would Telltale release a game based on a non-existant franchise?

MacGyver:Seriously? MacGyver? The man can make anything happen with seemingly mundane objects. Do you relly think that the average gamer has the puzzle-solving skill of Richard Dean Anderson?

Beavis and Butthead: No. Just... no. No way. Nu-uh. No-ho-ho-ho no. No.

Raymond Chandler's Detective Stories: Why specifically Raymond Chandler? Why not Agatha Christie, or more obviously Sherlock Holmes? What possible reason is there to highlight the man who once said "When in doubt, have a man with a gun bust in"?

Maniac Mansion: Well, I may agree with this one, but frankly, it should have been too obvious.
65 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 1 up(to me) doesn't have a lot of good choices for what telltale can do for adventure games. Telltale should take a crack at Sin City(Although thats my opinion). Thats the only movie I can think of at the moment that can work out as an adventure game.
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    My first response was to marvel at how much Raymond Chandler looked like Humphrey Bogart. Then I realised I am an idiot.
  • StrongBrush1;527339 said:

The Goonies: I've never seen the movie, and I don't know anybody who has especially fond memories of it, so why would Telltale release a game based on a non-existant franchise?
    I loved The Goonies! It was silly and nonsensical, but it was terrific when I was a wee little thing.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Some obvious suggestions, some bad ideas, and on the whole, a really yawny read! I think we've heard a lot more and better suggestions on these forums. :D
  • And you're German, so you know what would work as an adventure game.
  • All spec articles are boring to me. Maybe I've been in the internet too long. I mean I could sit and make lists of things all day and no one would care.
  • MacGyver is the greatest most fitting idea for an adventure game ever and anyone who says otherwise can die in a fire.
  • Secret Fawful;527384 said:
    MacGyver is the greatest most fitting idea for an adventure game ever and anyone who says otherwise can die in a fire.
    But only for a classic adventure game where you can experiment and try using everything on everything and mixing items to get other items... no this last BTTF game where you find a bug every time you do something that's not originally intended...
  • You're right. Stay the hell away from MacGyver Telltales!
  • So basically you agree with none of them.
This discussion has been closed.