User Avatar Image

TOMI chapter 1 NOT WORKING

posted by brookefay on - last edited - Viewed by 432 users
Having problems with TOMI chapter 1. Every time I open it, the main menu has greenish/brown/yellow boxes where I am guessing text is meant to appear. I also have no mouse cursor. I have tried uninstalling, and re-installing but that did not work. Please help! I would love to play this game (oh and buying it and not being able to play sucks). Thanks!
13 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Thank you so much, I am going to try it now :)
  • So I tried to update it but I got a message saying that "the best driver software for your device is already installed"
    I attached a screen shot.
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    brookefay;527786 said:
    So I tried to update it but I got a message saying that "the best driver software for your device is already installed"
    I attached a screen shot.
    That's odd. Did you follow the installation steps exactly and choose "Browse my computer for driver software" to select the downloaded driver?
  • Yes, I did pick brown my computer for driver software, and I just tried again but same thing. The game still is doing the same thing, with the colored boxes instead of text.
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    You could try uninstalling the current driver first.
  • Uninstalling the "Mobile Intel(R)965 express chipset family" ? and then re-installing the graphics driver?

sorry for all the questions, I'm not very versed in computers :)
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    brookefay;527792 said:
    Uninstalling the "Mobile Intel(R)965 express chipset family" ? and then re-installing the graphics driver?
    Yes, exactly. First uninstall it, and then install the new one :)
  • So i have uninstalled it, but without it how do I update to the new one?
  • Under device manager and display adapters is "video controller (VGA compatible)" which wont allow me to update.
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    brookefay;527798 said:
    Under device manager and display adapters is "video controller (VGA compatible)" which wont allow me to update.
    There's a description for that case in the readme.

Basically you double click on "video controller (VGA compatible)" and select the "driver" tab. There you can select "Update Driver" and "Browse ..." and then choose the driver.
This discussion has been closed.