User Avatar Image

My Jurassic Park Project: A Fan Made ReMake of the Jurassic Park Film

posted by waroftheworlds01 on - last edited - Viewed by 5.8K users
I started this a month ago but I didn't post because I wasn't sure how far I would get. But now that I'm sure I will be able to go through with this project I'm confident enough to start a thread about it.

But before I get into it let me say that I’m posting this here in the Jurassic park forums because I feel there are more here who would appreciate what I’m trying to do here. But if a moderator feels that this is better suited in the General Chat area then feel free to move it there.

Okay, So I’m remaking Jurassic Park…. I know!!!! Cool right? But I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking that many fans have remade Jurassic Park on Youtube.com before. What makes your movie different? I’ll tell you.

1. This is a scene for scene remake. So it will be as long as the actual film. Around two hours.

2. Unlike other fan made films, this will be taken seriously. So no joking around or making it a parody. This is to be a real fan made remake.

3. Getting away from the comedy, I will be making all dinosaurs full size. I will not be using toys or models (with the exception of the really big ones of course)

To give you an idea of how I’m making the dinosaurs, here is a video I posted on Youtube.com of the dinosaur I’m working on now which is the Dilo (spitter) that killed Nedry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtZ73Qjuxko

I will also be making full size T-Rex upper body out of paper mache as well as full size raptors. I will also be trying to get the most realistic locations possible to film this. I will be filming in the woods, I will be building my own sets, I will do what ever I can to come as close to the original film.

Of course, in the end it will still be a funny low budget remake of Jurassic Park. But it will be fun and I can’t wait to see the response it gets.

Questions or thoughts? Want to get involved in some way? Let me know what you all think. :)
67 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • A Teaser trailer is a great idea. I'll put one together after the Dilo scene is filmed.

Also, just thought I would share that I just got something in the mail that I'll be using as a prop for the movie. Its a barbasol shaving cream can that has a bottom that unscrews. It's made to be a piggy bank of sorts but I'll be putting a contraption in it that makes it like the one in the film. cool stuff
  • Pretty cool, indeed. Have you already put together a cast?
  • I have. In fact, After I film the first scene I'm going to put together a short video that shows off the Dilo and also will show you who will be playing the different characters in the movie.
  • Well, now I have something to look forward to. I'm sure everyone on the Jurassic Park forum is interested to see your remake. You seem like you're dedicated to staying close to source material so I'm sure you'll do fine.
  • Thank you. I'm doing my best to stick as close to the movie as possible or (in cases where I can't do things the movies did) bring in subjects and scenes from the novel. It's funny, this Friday I'm going shopping after work to buy clothes for the movie. I'm trying to stick as close to the wardrobe from the movie as possible. So Dr. Grant will have is expected outfit as well as Ellie and the rest of the characters. I'm running out of paint so I need to get more of that too but I'm still aiming for July 30th to start filming the Dilo scene but I'm more than sure that I can start filming it sooner. Just need to overtime it on the painting

Here some more photos to hold yall over till I can get the dinosaur done. The Face is done but I'm out of paint. I'll get some tomorrow and have the body finished.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Very nice and i cannot wait to see what parts of the novel you will be using for the movie as well as the trailer. I've always wanted to see the part of the novel were they all realise that there are many more dinosaurs in jurassic park than they had thought, the baby t-rex and also Wu's death.
  • I'm gona be updating a lot today. I'm almost done painting! :) Here's the body. Doing the amrs right now

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/img4227a.jpg/

• I'm really intrigued to see the finished dinosaur product. Perhaps we can see one or two shots of the finished dinosaur? Or maybe I should just wait until the teaser. I'm torn between the two options.
  • I was hoping to have it done by tonight but I still have the legs and tail to do. I'll try to have them finished tomorrow. I'm also hoping to start filming this sunday but that depends on if my brother in law, James, is off of work. He's playing Nedry.
  • Sorry for another double post but I wanted everyone to know that I'm filming the Dilo attack scene in a few hours. And shortly after that or maybe tomorrow There will be a video posted showing what went down in the area we are filming.

But expect some new and awesome pictures tonight :)
Add Comment