User Avatar Image

Have you ever heard of Archie comics?

posted by dumpling321 on - last edited - Viewed by 707 users
I've always been a huge fan of Archie comics, however, as of late I've mentioned them to quite a few people my own age and a good persentage of them have never heard of these comics... now it's incredibly irritating to me since these are some of the few comics they still sell in drug stores, grocery stores, and the like and you see them staring you in the face every time you check out... how can people be so oblivious...
22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah I've heard of Archie.

Both as the comic, and as Archie Comics (as they also produced a line of Sonic comics).

Heck one channel ran the cartoon series for a while.

It just never got anywhere in the UK really.
    (I mean some places will get them on request, but its a really niche thing)
  • I never got into Archie, but as a lad I was all about Archie Comics' Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
  • dumpling321;529443 said:
    nah... they actually throw a time police story into the jughead double digests every once in awile =D
    Oh, really? I didn't know there was more than one. I only saw the first one, in that case.
    RetroVortex;529445 said:
    Yeah I've heard of Archie.

Both as the comic, and as Archie Comics (as they also produced a line of Sonic comics).
    Heck yes! Fantastic comic series. Death Egg saga anyone? Endgame? Mecha Sonic? "Oh how I hate that hedgehog."
    Heck one channel ran the cartoon series for a while.
    Which was just awful.
  • MusicallyInspired;529471 said:
    Oh, really? I didn't know there was more than one. I only saw the first one, in that case.
    heh... if you regularly buy double digests you end up seeing it all since a good portion of the comics are usually reprints from earlier digests/comics =D
  • The Archie Sonic comics have been better than all the tv shows save for the old SatAM one.
  • Irishmile;529344 said:
    in America.
    Yeah, pretty much says enough.
  • While I've never read them much, it truly amazes me that there are people that haven't heard of Archie Comics.
  • I've certainly heard of them. All that I know about them is what I've learned from references to them in other pop culture, though.
  • yesterday I found out that ANOTHER two facebook friends have never even heard of archie... one had however heard of sabrina so that kind of helped... What really helps though, is how many people here have heard of and are fans of archie =D
Add Comment