User Avatar Image

Humble Indie Bundle 3

posted by Rather Dashing on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users
[center]image[/center]

The Humble Indie Bundle is BACK!

An excellent selection of games this time around, as always:

Crayon Physics Deluxe is fun at first, though like with a lot of "make your own solution" puzzle games, it has a few set tricks that work a little TOO well, and the wonky physics aspect of it gives something of an incentive to the "Throw stuff at the problem until it finally works" approach. Still, fun to dick around in. VVVVVV and And Yet It Moves are really brilliantly designed puzzle platformers with a similar(but very differently applied) gimmick. I haven't played Cogs or Hammerfight yet, but I can't wait to!
101 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • MusicallyInspired;530700 said:
    Apparently, with this bundle, you can also play Minecraft for free until August 14th.
    Well Now is the perfect time to see why this game is so popular.
  • Gman5852;530829 said:
    Well Now is the perfect time to see why this game is so popular.
    I still don't understand. I seem to be immune to games that don't end.
  • Just played that free minecraft for a few hours and while it took me a while to get into I'm now hooked. The wiki is a huge help, and as a newcomer you may want to put the difficulty at Peaceful at least to get through the first few nights and build a decent house. (Personally I'm keeping it at Peaceful and playing casually, but that's just me.)
  • The whole reason I got Minecraft was to have creepy nights that I had to desperately evade monsters in XD
  • Peaceful? Where's the fun in that? It's pointless to make weapons! You can't even make bows! The funnest parts for me come from not just from building but exploring cave systems, engaging hostile enemies, and looting dungeons!

Also, the new fanmade Aether mod is just fabulous. It's more than a mod. It's like an entire expansion.
  • How do you build a safe house? I mean how do you stop monsters to enter your house the same way you did?

The first night i just build like a stair and spend the whole night on top watching the steps and a zombie that was moving in the distance.
    I don't know wich one was more creepy, if the lurking zombie or me all paranoic and alone on top of a stair. Finally the zombie aproached the steps and i killed it.

Another question, i thought minecraft was free, so what, after august 14th i can't login no more?
  • Ignatius;530987 said:
    Another question, i thought minecraft was free, so what, after august 14th i can't login no more?
    MC is not free. It costs quite a lot of money for an unfinished application. (That isn't even really a game tbh.) It's a sandbox for you to build in. For only 14,99€.
  • Ignatius;530987 said:
    How do you build a safe house? I mean how do you stop monsters to enter your house the same way you did?
    Build a door. Barring that, take some dirt with you to seal off the entrance once you're inside.
  • der_ketzer;530989 said:
    MC is not free. It costs quite a lot of money for an unfinished application. (That isn't even really a game tbh.) It's a sandbox for you to build in. For only 14,99€.
    The upcoming 1.8 "adventure update" will change all that.
  • MusicallyInspired;531014 said:
    The upcoming 1.8 "adventure update" will change all that.
    Well I guess it will not be available during the test period...
Add Comment