User Avatar Image

Curse of Monkey Island on Windows 7

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 16K users
Hey, I'm thinking about buying Curse of Monkey Island. The product description says "98, 95, and Me" but I was wondering if there was any way to get it to run on Windows 7?

I have Home Premium.
27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • thanx scummvm worked a treat but how do you play it full screen?
  • lh5981;462460 said:
    thanx scummvm worked a treat but how do you play it full screen?
    Alt+Enter, or check "Fullscreen Mode" in options.
  • Yeah the installer link above is great..

    also you can get the game used on Amazon reasonably priced.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00004WGVX/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1299465362&sr=8-1&condition=used
  • Hey, i have downloaded monkey island... installed scummvm added game like you advise to do but i got a problem in the beggining when game starts as soon as guybrush gets up from floor i got a yellow box coming up with:
    Console ready
    Debugger started, type exit to return to the game.
    (when i do so game stop working and then shuts down)
    Type help to see a little list of commands and variables.
    ERROR: (9:2006:0xC4DA): BundleMgr::LoadComptable() Compressed sound 1295 (voxdisk1.bun:62303064) Invalid (iMus)!
    I run out of ideas how to fix it any suggestions please?):confused:
  • johny_notime;533753 said:
    Hey, i have downloaded monkey island... installed scummvm added game like you advise to do but i got a problem in the beggining when game starts as soon as guybrush gets up from floor i got a yellow box coming up with:
    Console ready
    Debugger started, type exit to return to the game.
    (when i do so game stop working and then shuts down)
    Type help to see a little list of commands and variables.
    ERROR: (9:2006:0xC4DA): BundleMgr::LoadComptable() Compressed sound 1295 (voxdisk1.bun:62303064) Invalid (iMus)!
    I run out of ideas how to fix it any suggestions please?):confused:
    Maybe it's because you didn't buy the game you frickin' pirate?!?! ARRRRR!!!!
  • Isnt' there a problem on Cursed where, if you pirated the game, the "Pirate I Was Meant To Be" song went on infinitely?
  • I'm not sure how the game could tell you had a pirate copy if the files had actually been copied properly; especially, given that I made a disc image for myself which combines data from both CMI discs into one image file and I've never had any problems when installing the game from it.

    More likely the person who created the pirate copy either decided to be a dick or has personal problems with checking for quality control. Either way, you get what you pay for.
  • DAISHI;534101 said:
    Isnt' there a problem on Cursed where, if you pirated the game, the "Pirate I Was Meant To Be" song went on infinitely?

    That's the greatest "And I Must Scream" Iv ever herd of.
  • From the bowels of the Telltale Forums (though I also saw this on the WorldofMI forums):
    Hitman;171103 said:
    [QUOTE=PariahKing;170723]...it served as copy protection?
    Yes. If you didn't have an original version, the game would lock up or go into an endless loop if the song wasn't present. Not sure if that was intended though.[/QUOTE]
Add Comment