13 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'd say, errrr, maybe LucasArts' choice to stop making funny ironic games, canceling Sam & Max Freelance Police so they could make money with billions of Star Wars games that suck? It makes sense, in a certain sense.
  • Guybrush_Threepwood;53693 said:
    I'd say, errrr, maybe LucasArts' choice to stop making funny ironic games, canceling Sam & Max Freelance Police so they could make money with billions of Star Wars games that suck? It makes sense, in a certain sense.
    Ah, so.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    I don't know if it was a LucasArts reference. Aside from the date on the box above the filing cabinet, have there really been that many (any?) LEC references, other than ones people thinly stretch out on the forum?
  • Jake;53705 said:
    I don't know if it was a LucasArts reference. Aside from the date on the box above the filing cabinet, have there really been that many (any?) LEC references, other than ones people thinly stretch out on the forum?
    Then why don't you just tell us what the reference is, wiseguy. :)
  • Yeah, as much as I'd like to continue the perception that we painstakingly research throwaway lines, the dates for the "Irony" gravestone were completely made up and don't refer to anything. (The dates for the inventor of Nitroglycerin are correct, though!)

    And by the way, the freestyling portion in the castle isn't a reference to Grim Fandango, either.
  • User Avatar Image
    NickTTG Telltale Staff
    way to regulate chuck!
  • Are those bits where S&M are walking in the background and bumping into stuff we don't see a reference to MI1, though? :p
  • User Avatar Image
    NickTTG Telltale Staff
    actually, believe it or not, those zombies are a reference to this movie i saw with zombies. and then when there's a gun in the game it's a homage to the matrix.
  • actually, i think the whole game is an homage to this old comic series i used to read in the 80's... called sam and max

    (most obscure reference... beat that :) )
  • Chuck;53714 said:

    And by the way, the freestyling portion in the castle isn't a reference to Grim Fandango, either.
    Of course not! It's obviously a reference to Phantasmagoria...


    (waits for the "omg rly???" post) :p
Add Comment