User Avatar Image

Remake Jurassic Park and The Lost World (with Spielberg as Producer)

posted by Chariloe on - last edited - Viewed by 20.4K users
Somebody started a campaign that could actually be successful, but we need more people to participate.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Remake-Jurassic-Park-and-The-Lost-World-with-Spielberg-as-Producer/228708970475230

We must send letters to Universal (or e-mail the studio) and explain this brilliant idea:

If Universal is afraid to remake the JP movies (because of the Spielberg-fanboys who are so biased towards the original movie) then we have to convince Universal to GET SPIELBERG TO BE THE PRODUCER OF THE REMAKES. It might be the only way to convince the public that this project will be taken seriously.

"In Steve We Trust"

The posters for the remakes could even say: "STEVEN SPIELBERG PRESENTS" above the title, just like other movies he was only the producer of.

P.S.
If you don't like the term "remake," then just think of it as a "reboot" instead...because our motivation is more about the books than it is about Spielberg's films.
182 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I sincerely think that any reboot or remake is a terrible idea. All I really want is a theatrical re-release. Although, I don't think a little tampering would be too bad, maybe give it the Lucas treatment. Don't completely remake it just touch up the graphics and sound effects, hopefully convert it to 3D format and let us all enjoy it again in theaters. This time, in IMAX 3D. Win.
  • The first one was perfect, ok the dinosaur designs are now out-dated, but everything else was perfect. If I wanted a Jurassic Park that was closer to the novel I'd prefer it in graphic novel form so we could have an 'adult' version with plenty of blood and gore.

I do wish that 'The Lost World' was closer to the novel, as a kid I was really disappointed having read the novel first that the film was nothing to to do with the events of the novel!

So I'd hate a reboot, unless you kept the first one and remade the second to fit more with the novel. But still, it'd be pointless.
  • T002Tyrant;538952 said:
    The first one was perfect, ok the dinosaur designs are now out-dated, but everything else was perfect. If I wanted a Jurassic Park that was closer to the novel I'd prefer it in graphic novel form so we could have an 'adult' version with plenty of blood and gore.

I do wish that 'The Lost World' was closer to the novel, as a kid I was really disappointed having read the novel first that the film was nothing to to do with the events of the novel!

So I'd hate a reboot, unless you kept the first one and remade the second to fit more with the novel. But still, it'd be pointless.
    agreed.
  • No...no no no no no no NO!
    No remake on this!!...EVER!!! The movies are good enough as they are, so leave them alone!
  • I honestly wouldn't want it to happen with Spielberg having anything to do with it. Spielberg used to be a great film-maker, but nowadays, he's almost as bad as Lucas.
  • The best actor in my mind for Ian Malcolm is Jeremy Davies (Daniel Faraday from LOST). Could be that breakout role.
  • Sergman100;539962 said:
    The best actor in my mind for Ian Malcolm is Jeremy Davies (Daniel Faraday from LOST). Could be that breakout role.
    no, I absolutely don't agree.
    but I think Michael Crichton himselft could've taken over Ian Malcolm's role!
    especially in his 40s (when he wrote Jurassic Park)
  • Sergman100;539962 said:
    The best actor in my mind for Ian Malcolm is Jeremy Davies (Daniel Faraday from LOST). Could be that breakout role.
    LOL? :rolleyes:
  • I don't know if this ever got posted but they are re-releasing the movie in theaters for a limited time... So I doubt a remake will be made when they just retouched the original film.

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/jurassic-park-headed-back-to-cinemas---video/232595
  • anashastar;540141 said:
    I don't know if this ever got posted but they are re-releasing the movie in theaters for a limited time... So I doubt a remake will be made when they just retouched the original film.

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/jurassic-park-headed-back-to-cinemas---video/232595
    Didn't Spielberg recently announce his plans/interest for a 3D conversion of both a Jaws and Jurassic Park re-release?
Add Comment