User Avatar Image

Would you guys like it if they took the same art direction as TSL?

posted by Mr. Freeze on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users
Like, if the game looked like TSL does (except obviously not as blocky on some parts, since this would be professionally made)? I personally wouldn't mind.
60 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • No, I wouldn't want it to copy TSL's art style.
  • no... TSL is a nice effort but obviously a fan game.
  • You mean regarding TSL's approach to realism rather than cartoon? In that regard I see it as the same way as Jurassic Park, except obviously TSL doesn't have the resources to put together graphics of that quality. I'd welcome that style.
  • TSL looks too much like The Sims to me. It's good-looking for a fan game, but it doesn't look professional.
  • I personally want an art direction which is something like KQ5 with high resolution graphics. Think KQ5 but made with today's technology.

Or, something like The Whispered World would be cool.

Finally, I'd take something that looked kinda like Phantasmagoria or the early screenshots of KQ8.
  • If they released something that looked as dated as the early KQ8 graphics the game would be critically panned... That just wouldn't cut it professionally.

2d cutout trees are very old technology. The current games allow for much higher poly counts on every item.

Nah either I want full 3D (in the bounds of the telltale engine) or high resolution classically drawn 2D/2.5D style (which can also be handled in the telltale engine to a degree).
  • BagginsKQ;540201 said:
    Nah either I want full 3D (in the bounds of the telltale engine) or high resolution classically drawn 2D/2.5D style (which can also be handled in the telltale engine to a degree).
    Yeah, either works for me. As long as it's not cartoon-y.
  • I like the silver lining but one thing really annoys me: Why the world of KQ6? I really liked the end of Episode 3 because we were finally getting places. Oh almost forgot: What's that nonsense about Manannan?
  • KQ6 was a favorite game of a lot of us, and one of most popular installments in the series. So starting it there made sense for us--we liked it, it's good fanservice, and we still had plenty of room to add new locations, characters, etc.

As for Mannanan, well, spoilers! But since Episode 4 is coming out next month, you just may find out more soon.... :)
  • I believe by nonsense about Manannan he is referring to the idea that he is the father of Valanice?
Add Comment