User Avatar Image

Give idea, get story (now with 20% more Haggis!) - Update: Hardback cover book

posted by Haggis on - last edited - Viewed by 6K users
Hi everyone, I know I haven't been here in, like, forever, but I've got something that may be of interest. Basically, you give me an idea (a subject, setting, a few lines), and I write a story for you!

If you want to get an idea of what I mean, you can find two sample stories (ideas courtesy of SilverWolfPet) here: http://bouffonbooks.com/2011/09/28/introducing-bouffon-stories/

Enjoy, and feel free to ask for a story in this thread! :D
244 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Haggis;548126 said:
    Thanks for the new ideas, everyone! I think from now on I'll try to write one story a day. Here's one right now: http://bouffonbooks.com/2011/10/10/the-double/
    I would cry, but ducks have no tear ducts. That was the best story ever written about me. Granted, it's the ONLY written story about me, but that doesn't take anything away from the glory that it is. And when you compile these into a collection of short stories and they become a New York Times Bestseller, the Church of Pravetz and the Latter Day Cookies shall find new members everywhere! Now leave me. I must think. I will come up with the BEST scenarios to test your wit. I shall return.

Umm. I mean... /quack
  • WarpSpeed;549011 said:
    Haggis, a request. When you post a new story, and you have the last post in this thread, go ahead and make a new post, rather than editing the last one. Post edits don't bump the thread, and I would have missed out on a few stories (including the one inspired by me!) if I hadn't realized what you were doing. Some people don't like multiple posts in a row, which makes sense when people are doing it to be annoying or just to increase their post count, but I think it's OK when the purpose is to let people know there's an update since yesterday.
    Well, if the mods don't mind...

Anyway, here's a new story! http://bouffonbooks.com/2011/10/14/the-party/
  • WarpSpeed;549011 said:
    Haggis, a request. When you post a new story, and you have the last post in this thread, go ahead and make a new post, rather than editing the last one. Post edits don't bump the thread, and I would have missed out on a few stories (including the one inspired by me!) if I hadn't realized what you were doing. Some people don't like multiple posts in a row, which makes sense when people are doing it to be annoying or just to increase their post count, but I think it's OK when the purpose is to let people know there's an update since yesterday.
    I agree with this. I am, as we all know, a double-post-aphobe, but in this case it seems fine. Go for it mate!

Also. This is your mission, if you choose to accept it.

The Main Character
    A Schizophrenic Racist with Delusions of Grandeur

The Love Interest
    A Yellow Cow that can only say "Ribbit"

Other Items
    A Green Balloon
    A Dead Hamster
    Three Gold Doubloons
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    Haggis;549088 said:
    Well, if the mods don't mind...
    Consider this your official licence to double post!
  • Haggis;549315 said:

That was awesome! You got there charecters perfect. And Hastings said I say! XD
  • -Herbalism
    -Necromancy
    -Pittsburg
  • puzzlebox;549346 said:
    Consider this your official licence to double post!
    Ooo, thanks, I've always wanted to have one of those! *goes on double-posting spree* (Nah, I'll use my licence with great care.)
    coolsome;549362 said:
    That was awesome! You got there charecters perfect. And Hastings said I say! XD
    Haha, yes, it's pretty much his catchphrase. Hugh Fraser did an awesome job bringing him to life in the TV series, by the way.

Oh, and here's another story: http://bouffonbooks.com/2011/10/16/confession/

(By the way, thanks for the appreciation everyone, it really means a lot!)
  • The UTZ girl comes off of the bag and kills a guy, but forgets to cover up the evidence…

Finish the story.
Add Comment