User Avatar Image

When can we expect to see SOMETHING about Telltale's KQ?

posted by Blackthorne519 on - last edited - Viewed by 8.6K users
I wonder when we'll see or hear something substantial about Tell-Tale's King's Quest game.

Bt
480 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Maybe.... but maybe they'll surprise us all and make a good game. I'd like to think of that.... thinking of an abortion of a game is easy.

Bt
  • User Avatar Image
    exo
    It may not have been a puzzle in the sense of using an item with another item, but the worst offender as illogical crap in a KQ game for me is definitely the bridle in KQ4. I read in an interview later that it was specifically put there to drum up phone calls to their hint line.

Also, the eagle feather in KQ3 was a huge problem for me. I left the wizard's house three times and wandered around aimlessly trying to find that feather, before returning all the way back up the hill again and going through another day's chores to go try again. the 4th time I climbed down the mountain that bloody eagle finally flew by and dropped his feather. No puzzle should hinge on an item which appears randomly and has the ability to be so rare.
  • Exo I'd be interested in a link to that interview.
  • User Avatar Image
    exo
    I will try and find it - this was years ago I read this and it may have been in a magazine. I am googling keywords to try and find a reference to this, but having no luck yet. I'll keep looking though.
  • http://sierrainteraction.wikidot.com/welcome-to-sierra-s-new-automated-hint-line

I found this article that is kinda interesting. Apparently one version of the Sierra Automated Hintline had unique voice actors for each game. For example a 'old miner' for Gold Rush, and 'English Knight' for King Graham.

Hmm, too bad there are no recordings of these hint keepers out there, eh? I've love to hear what they sounded like.
  • Hey Baggins, have you been unbanned over at POS yet? I miss your usual brand of pedantic antagonism. ;)
  • Eh. No, I haven't and frankly I've moved on. Not even paying attention to release dates for their game...

I'm looking forward to updates for this game however...
  • Bump. In February it will have been a year since this has been announced...Any inkling, idea, rumor or little hint as to when we will hear ANYTHING? A screenshot, a piece of concept art--Anything?
  • Im really anxious too... but out of love.. I am REALLY excited about getting to play a brand new official KQ game.
  • Anakin Skywalker;567549 said:
    Bump. In February it will have been a year since this has been announced...Any inkling, idea, rumor or little hint as to when we will hear ANYTHING? A screenshot, a piece of concept art--Anything?
    It's kind of frustrating that we've hardly heard a peep from them about KQ, but at the same time it could mean that they're just putting a lot of time into development and making a deeper game... Well, I can dream at least.
Add Comment