User Avatar Image

The Have A Conversation With Pancakes Thread

posted by Ribs on - last edited - Viewed by 3.1K users
The Only Rule: If you post a picture that has already been posted, you lose.

List of Losers
1. Chyron8472

46 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • divisionten;553879 said:
    This is not a pancake. This is taiyaki- a chestnut filled sweet pastry. Why must everyone get it wrong? WHYYYYYYYY?
    Sorry, it came up in a Google Image search and I have never heard of a Taiyaki until now. Anyway on to the topic.

• divisionten;553879 said:
    This is not a pancake. This is taiyaki- a chestnut filled sweet pastry. Why must everyone get it wrong? WHYYYYYYYY?
    Certainly looks a LOT like a pancake to me.

I think it is a pancake, and that you are mistaken, sir.

• Chyron8472;553943 said:
    Certainly looks a LOT like a pancake to me.

I think it is a pancake, and that you are mistaken, sir.

Actually, it looks like TWO pancakes to me. Stacked on top of each other.
  • Alcoremortis;553946 said:
    Actually, it looks like TWO pancakes to me. Stacked on top of each other.
    My bad, I get them mixed up- it's actually Dorayaki. Dorayaki and Taiyaki are the same thing, except for their shapes.
  • I think I've had both, and I prefer the texture of taiyaki better. Also, the fish shape.

Dammit, now I want some red bean taiyaki. Maybe I can talk my friend into making the drive out to H-Mart this weekend and pick up some Calpico popsicles while I'm at it, if it doesn't snow.
  • divisionten;553949 said:
    My bad, I get them mixed up- it's actually Dorayaki.
    So it is a couple of pancakes then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorayaki

"Dorayaki is a type of Japanese confection, а red bean pancake which consists of two small pancake-like patties made from castella wrapped around a filling of sweet red bean paste."

I will also point out that I can't see the filling between the pancakes on either bunny's head, so you still can't be sure that's what it is anyway.

You earlier said it is not a pancake, so I maintain that you are incorrect. It is two pancakes with filling between each one. It would be like if I made two silver-dollar buttermilk pancakes and sandwiched strawberry jelly in between them. In the end, they're still pancakes.

Giving it a Japanese name doesn't change what it is.
  • Yes, I know ultimately it's a pancake like object, like creeps are. I was just trying to be silly. Unfortunately, sarcasm never translates well to Internet.
  • what is that??

Those aren't pancakes.
Add Comment