User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 81.5K users
What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".
5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Orcs Must Die! - Lost Adventures DLC
  • Atlantis 1, 2 and 3 of Good Old Games.

I have all the good titles from Anuman, and the other titles are boring, so I'm passing on those.

But these games, these games I had to buy.

For two reasons:

1. These games are weird. Very, very weird. Crazy visuals, bizarre puzzles, and a plot that makes no sense.
    2. These games are terrible.

Why would I buy games I hate? Its simple.

These games are so bad, they actually loop around and become hilarious!

I've only played Atlantis 3, on the PS2, and I think its one of the WORST games I have ever played.
    (In fact me and my older brother thought it was so bad, we took the time out of our busy day, and actually went all the way back into the store in town and returned it the very next day. (and we got a refund for it as well! XD))

Its perfect material for a lets play.

EDIT: On the good side, while I was in town, I walked into my local GAME, and recently they have been selling off their old PS2 stock.

Its currently buy one get one free, so I thought I'd have a quick look.

I picked up Tekken Tag Tournament and Dark Cloud.

Now if you have a 60gb PS3 that can play PS2 games, you will be disappointed to find out that it does not work well with CDR PS2 games, (the blue-bottomed discs).
    In fact the games run at about 50% of the speed they should.

But Tekken Tag Tournament was an extra really, as £8 for Dark Cloud is a real bargain.

Sure I had no manual, but thats not important, I got the game!
    (And its pretty rare here in the UK too. I've seen one just now on ebay for £8 + £2 packaging, and that has over 2 DAYS left till the auction finishes)

Its probably the second rarest PS2 game I own. (The no.1 would be Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, but its not all that rare though)

I had the second game already, so I had to get the first for completionist sake, (plus the 2 are quite different, and are great games) :D
  • A Winchester Repeater rifle. Hell of a piece.
  • Comrade Pants;555721 said:
    A gift for my lovely fiancee. Because I ruttin' can!
    Congrats, Comrade!
  • divisionten;556175 said:
    Congrats, Comrade!
    Many thanks, divvy. It's pretty awesome. Also, whovian. Can't say it here, though. That'd spoil it for her, seeing as how she comes here. :P
    bobber56;556173 said:
    A Winchester Repeater rifle. Hell of a piece.
    You know what? I'm envious. Pics?

Also, Skyrim!
  • Comrade Pants;556251 said:

You know what? I'm envious. Pics?
    http://www.henryrepeating.com/rifle-goldenboy.cfm

I got it online. Here's a link to a picture of it.
  • bobber56;556256 said:
    http://www.henryrepeating.com/rifle-goldenboy.cfm

I got it online. Here's a link to a picture of it.
    That's pretty awesome. I want to get an original. Along with a Luger and a WWII Garand, it's one of my dream guns. Lucky you, though! That's a fine repro.
  • Picking up a new SK, and finishing off The Strain Trilogy.:D

Add Comment