User Avatar Image

The Backloggery Thread

posted by RetroVortex on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users
So I see several people like myself have a huge library of unfinished games.

And I KNOW we talk about it all the time.

So why not have these kind of discussions in its own thread.

Therefore, The Backloggery Thread was born.

Here's my Backloggery:

http://backloggery.com/retrovortex

As of the 11/11/11 its already quite outdated, I have over 500 games to beat now.
(I need to go back and update it soon)

As you can see, since I started my backloggery in July, I have beaten just 2 games:

Megaman X
Mario's Picross

I also completed Cave Story in September, but its not on the backloggery.

So thats 3. 3 games.

This. Is. Going. To. Be. Impossible!!

I mean look at the games I have on there.

I have BOTH Ghouls 'n' Ghosts AND Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts to beat.

And I can't even get past the first few levels of those! :X

But lets not get too defeatist. There is still time.

Anyone got any recommendations on what to play? I have difficulty deciding these days...
46 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED
    Play Monkey Island, of course! If ever in doubt, choose whichever has the most pirates.

This backloggery thingy seems quite interesting... now I must star my own.
  • Far far too much. It's borderline embarassing!
  • RetroVortex, I love your Backloggery because it makes me feel so much better about mine. :D
  • This should more or less be in order. There's a few number discrepancies from my personal Excel sheet, but I documented a few things a little differently, like compilations.

http://backloggery.com/guruguru214
  • For me to have a backloggery.com page would be to ask me to regularly update it.

But I'm not going to do that. Certainly, I could make a concerted effort, but I know I would just forget and let it sit with the same status for ages.
  • Chyron8472;556423 said:
    For me to have a backloggery.com page would be to ask me to regularly update it.

But I'm not going to do that. Certainly, I could make a concerted effort, but I know I would just forget and let it sit with the same status for ages.
    Same here.

Also, my backlog is huge, and it would take me days to add them all. Hell, it took me days to make the Excel spreadsheet with all the games I own, and that's not even halfway done.
  • I would say that my ~350 game list took me about three hours to copy from my Excel sheet to my Backloggery. And I was just killing time while waiting for my dad to have me help him with a chore (and at some point while I was busy losing track of time an doing data entry, he decided to blow off the chore).

As for my Excel list, that took me a bit longer, but over a longer period of time, and not because it was time consuming to make the list, but because it was time consuming to make it do what I wanted.

The list gives me a running total of how many entries I have for each system, and I have a formula that takes the answers to "Beaten", "In Progress", "Disqualified", "100%able", "100%ing", and "100%ed", and determines whether to display the "Finished" column as "Yes", "No", "In Progress", or "N/A", so completion of all my games are judged on the same criteria.
  • User Avatar Image
    Tor
    I've been using Backloggery for about a year and a half, and find it very helpful in keeping track and focusing on finishing my old games. In that time I've gotten from about fifty-fifty finished/unfinished to around two thirds done.

And in the name of shameless self-promoting, let me point out that I made a cool little browser script for Chrome, Firefox and Opera that adds some extra features to the Backloggery site.
  • https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.106622109352510.12728.100000141638716&type=3
    Here's some of what I have. Not even all my console games.
    Then take my steam account and assume most of them are backlogged.
    steamcommunity.com/id/elvenmonk
    Then I've a lot of WiiWare, DSiWare, PS3 Games, Wii Games, 3DS games, DS games, PSN games, and such not listed. Not worth listing them all.
  • User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED
    http://backloggery.com/profanity

Hah, created it!

Completely unrelated question: Started out my Fallout 2 character as a hand to hand/unarmed kind of guy. How screwed am I?
Add Comment