User Avatar Image

Who is your favorite guitarist

posted by bobber56 on - last edited - Viewed by 4.9K users
138 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Alcoremortis;557548 said:
    I suppose this is what I get for trying to modernize Monty Python to the Information Age.
    No it's not.
  • corruptbiggins;557571 said:
    He must mean "shirty" cos I can't think of what else it could possibly be.
    Shitty.
  • Just out of interest, what's everybody's opinion of Mr. James Hendrix? I'm surprised this thread has gone on for so long without there being any serious discussion surrounding him.
    bobber56;558990 said:
    Shitty.
    No, that can't be right.
  • Hayden;559367 said:
    Just out of interest, what's everybody's opinion of Mr. James Hendrix? I'm surprised this thread has gone on for so long without there being any serious discussion surrounding him.
    I'm not a massive fan, it's another case of he done great things for the time, but the pioneer is never the master of the art.
    bobber56;558990 said:
    Shitty.
    Fuck the police.
  • bobber56;557523 said:
    What, shi*ty AC/DC rip-off bands not good enough for you?
    A band is shitty because they cover AC/DC? You learn something new everyday.
  • One of My Favorite (Besides Slash and Young) Is The Now Dead Chuck Berry. (IMO The True King of Rock and Roll) After Researching him it seems he Probably
    did more to Innovate and advance The guitar in rock and roll than Elvis did in His whole Life.(Probably).

Or as One Critic put it:"If Elvis was the icon of Rock and Roll, Chuck Berry was it's Heartbeat and Soul."
  • JedExodus;559526 said:
    I'm not a massive fan, it's another case of he done great things for the time, but the pioneer is never the master of the art.
    That's a pretty great way of summing him up overall, actually.
  • gamer247;559660 said:
    A band is shitty because they cover AC/DC? You learn something new everyday.
    Hell yeah, they are! I dropped Santana completely after hearing their cover of Back in Black!
  • Gary Moore, the solo in I Still Got the Blues (For You) sweeps my legs every time.

And also, what is the reason to start a thread asking who is your favourite guitarist and when you actually answer you are being bad mouthed?
Add Comment