User Avatar Image

[JP] Need help

posted by Mike55 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
Ok afetr I installed the game I got a popup which said "Could not load game data! Make sure you are running the game from the directory it was installed to." after clicking Ok it said "Unfortunaly this error can not be recovered." is there away to fix this?
29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Mike55;559928 said:
    DP:Is it the files in the Compresed Folder?
    It's not actually a folder - it's a zip file. You'll need to fully extract those files before running the installer. You may want to try installing a program called Winrar to do it. It can be downloaded via the link below.

http://www.win-rar.com/download.html
  • Michael Parks;559931 said:
    It's not actually a folder - it's a zip file. You'll need to fully extract those files before running the installer. You may want to try installing a program called Winrar to do it. It can be downloaded via the link below.

http://www.win-rar.com/download.html
    Ok I downloaded it. What should I do next?
  • You'll need to install Winrar and use it to extract the contents of the zip file. Winrar is fairly straight forward. Typically, you can just right-click the zip file and then click Extract Files.
  • Michael Parks;559934 said:
    You'll need to install Winrar and use it to extract the contents of the zip file. Winrar is fairly straight forward. Typically, you can just right-click the zip file and then click Extract Files.
    Winrar itself isn't working well. It is saying that the files are corrupt. I have tried reinstalling it and have gotten the same thing.
  • If you're having issues installing Winrar itself, I can't offer you any assistance there. I'm not clear on if you're having issues installing it or if Winrar is giving you errors on the Jurassic Park zip file, though. Please clarify.
  • Michael Parks;559945 said:
    If you're having issues installing Winrar itself, I can't offer you any assistance there. I'm not clear on if you're having issues installing it or if Winrar is giving you errors on the Jurassic Park zip file, though. Please clarify.
    Hmmm I have seem to have lost the compontents folder i'll re-install it.
  • DP:Ok I did it and the same thing is happening. :/
  • Please walk me through exactly what you're doing with the zip file you downloaded from us, so I can have a better idea of what's happening.
  • TP:I downloaded what was in the four compressed folders. Same thing happened. Only things which didn't install where the localized languages and some mouse controls.
  • So anyone ese who can help me? If i doesn't wrok i'm just going to get a refund. :/
This discussion has been closed.