User Avatar Image

The original gerry harding

posted by bloodkiller630 on - last edited - Viewed by 3K users
ok in the first movie is he the person talking to dr. sattler if so he looks different,
38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yep. He's the vet taking care of the Triceratops.

• Nightlight;562856 said:
    Yep. He's the vet taking care of the Triceratops.

they kind of created him wrong in the game sorry telltale, but you guys kind of screwed up on this, wonder why they didnt have the exact looks from the movie?
  • Oh, that's pretty obvious. They wanted a fit action hero, not an old guy with a moustache.

Having said that, in that case they should have just made him a new character.
  • hey he could've shaved and got a hair cut within the few hours of that scene :P
  • They brought up in interviews that they changed his appearance for the game's sake. What? You've never heard of recasting?
  • Most likely they wanted to make him a little younger and dashing.. another reason is they would have had to spend money on Gerald Molen's likeness...

Being such a minor character (in the films anyway) I think TTG figured they could get away with it... It doesn't bug me at all... It happens all the time with games.

Sunglasses, hat, mustache.. obviously he was just wearing a disguise.... :p
  • I believe they said they couldn't get the license to his likeness, that's why the changed him.
  • Trenchfoot;562883 said:
    I believe they said they couldn't get the license to his likeness, that's why the changed him.
    Nah, not true, because the original Gerry is played by one of the film series' producers, and he appeared in one of the game's making ofs too.
  • dillangandhi;562935 said:
    Nah, not true, because the original Gerry is played by one of the film series' producers, and he appeared in one of the game's making ofs too.
    Uh...no he didn't.
  • Personally, not to offend, but I think fans complaining that they chaged the look of Gerry Harding is kind of silly. I mean, he wasn't even a major character in the film. I can understand if they had a character like Ian Malcom in the game but made him look nothing like Jeff Goldblum then that would be something to cry about. But Gerry Harding... not so much. And it's for the better.

Telltale didn't screw up by changing Gerry Harding, they did the right thing.
Add Comment