User Avatar Image

Remake Jurassic Park and The Lost World (with Spielberg as Producer)

posted by Chariloe on - last edited - Viewed by 20.4K users
Somebody started a campaign that could actually be successful, but we need more people to participate.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Remake-Jurassic-Park-and-The-Lost-World-with-Spielberg-as-Producer/228708970475230

We must send letters to Universal (or e-mail the studio) and explain this brilliant idea:

If Universal is afraid to remake the JP movies (because of the Spielberg-fanboys who are so biased towards the original movie) then we have to convince Universal to GET SPIELBERG TO BE THE PRODUCER OF THE REMAKES. It might be the only way to convince the public that this project will be taken seriously.

"In Steve We Trust"

The posters for the remakes could even say: "STEVEN SPIELBERG PRESENTS" above the title, just like other movies he was only the producer of.

P.S.
If you don't like the term "remake," then just think of it as a "reboot" instead...because our motivation is more about the books than it is about Spielberg's films.
182 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I still fail to see anything wrong with the first Jurassic Park movie. I've heard it's different than the book but it got pretty good reviews.I'm sure they will remake it (cause Hollywood is lazy) but if they remade it in the next five year that would bother me see how the old one is around 20 years old. (ex:Footloose)
  • I heard you can't remake a movie until 30 years after it's made. And why remake it? JP is good and still looks great! Plus JP4 is being worked on.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/dinosaurs/8847499/The-Jurassic-Park-scientist-who-plans-to-turn-a-chicken-into-T-Rex.html
  • JPPR_002;565711 said:
    I heard you can't remake a movie until 30 years after it's made. And why remake it? JP is good and still looks great! Plus JP4 is being worked on.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/dinosaurs/8847499/The-Jurassic-Park-scientist-who-plans-to-turn-a-chicken-into-T-Rex.html
    well they can make remakes, look at Spider-man, Sony is rebooting that series, and its barely 5 years since spidey 3 came out. I agree the JP is an amazing film! i'm not against a remake, but i'm not for it. I want to see how JP IV turns out, hopefully it isn't just a movie about people running away from Dino's like the third one was (it had its moments but the story was minimal)
  • julesimanerd;565798 said:
    well they can make remakes, look at Spider-man, Sony is rebooting that series, and its barely 5 years since spidey 3 came out. I agree the JP is an amazing film! i'm not against a remake, but i'm not for it. I want to see how JP IV turns out, hopefully it isn't just a movie about people running away from Dino's like the third one was (it had its moments but the story was minimal)
    Reboots are different than remakes. While we will be seeing Spidey's origin story(AGAIN!!), it's still a different version than the original Spider-Man. Hence why we're getting The Lizard as the villain, not the Green Goblin.
  • Orange Intercouse on November 24, 2011;563917 said:And now the facebook page has 1,434 fans.

7 days since the above quote, and the page has 1,572 fans now...Not bad.

:)
  • Shadowknight1;565803 said:
    Reboots are different than remakes. While we will be seeing Spidey's origin story(AGAIN!!), it's still a different version than the original Spider-Man. Hence why we're getting The Lizard as the villain, not the Green Goblin.
    very true. didn't think of it like that hahaha. but in sense we would be rebooting the JP franchise with a remake, it could involve more from the novel, change characters, add character who were absent from the first film, and all that jazz.
  • julesimanerd;565808 said:
    very true. didn't think of it like that hahaha. but in sense we would be rebooting the JP franchise with a remake, it could involve more from the novel, change characters, add character who were absent from the first film, and all that jazz.
    Yes, but unlike Jurassic Park, stuff like Spider-Man, Batman, and Star Trek NEEDED the reboot.
  • Shadowknight1;565816 said:
    Yes, but unlike Jurassic Park, stuff like Spider-Man, Batman, and Star Trek NEEDED the reboot.
    indeed. I didn't want the spidey reboot because i was content with the original trilogy (even the third, it was bad, but i still enjoyed it. like how the third JP was terrible hahaha)
  • Shadowknight1;555592 said:
    His stance is hypocritical. He gave a speech against altering films, and then he goes and does what he said was wrong.
    And guess what, he has that right as well. People change their minds on things all the time. My parents used to be Republicans and now they are both Democrats. Are they hypocritical because they now stand for something they used to be against? I dont think so and again even if that were the case, its still their right. What George says is really irrelevant. The bottom line is that the Star Wars films are his property period and he is in his right to do whatever he want to them. When you cut through all the BS that is the only fact that matters. You can like em or you can hate em, that is perfectly within your right. Changing them, that is his right.
  • I herd there going to remake jurassic park 1 and 2. Why?
Add Comment