Why still no news about it? Wasn't it planned for 2011?

No news about this game?
I remember this game was planned for 2011, as they state HERE...

Was the game dropped?

Comments

  • edited July 2011
    I wouldn't worry too much they seem to release oh so very little prior to their releases.. seems like most games get a trailer a month or less before release... Or did I just make that up in my head?
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Nope, that seems about right lol.
  • edited July 2011
    Telltale doesn't talk too much about games until it gets really close to release. Hell, there's not a whole lot about The Walking Dead despite it being slated for fall.
  • edited October 2011
    The first episode is set to release in December... on the 31st... at 11.59 pm.

    lol, just breaking balls, it'll probably be their next project after Jurassic Park.
  • edited October 2011
    Telltale just don't care about their fans. They hold back all the relevant information about the games they're releasing so that nobody will criticize the aspects that they didn't bother to do properly. TTG is just hoping that people will buy their games blindly.
    We'll get maybe 1 or 2 screenshots the week before it's released but don't expect TTG to actually answer questions or address our concerns.
  • edited October 2011
    caeska wrote: »
    Telltale just don't care about their fans. They hold back all the relevant information about the games they're releasing so that nobody will criticize the aspects that they didn't bother to do properly. TTG is just hoping that people will buy their games blindly.
    We'll get maybe 1 or 2 screenshots the week before it's released but don't expect TTG to actually answer questions or address our concerns.

    To say Telltale don't care about their fans is a gross exaggeration. They don't reveal a lot of information on a game until it's close to release because they often are literally working on it until the moment they release it. And it's not really fair to say they expect people to buy their games blindly, both Back to the Future and the upcoming Jurassic Park games offer the first episode for free for people to try before they buy. Plus you can get one episode of any season they make and receive a discount to upgrade to the rest of the season. That is so much better than most modern releases, many of which are lucky to even bother with a demo.
  • edited October 2011
    caeska wrote: »
    Telltale just don't care about their fans. They hold back all the relevant information about the games they're releasing so that nobody will criticize the aspects that they didn't bother to do properly. TTG is just hoping that people will buy their games blindly.
    We'll get maybe 1 or 2 screenshots the week before it's released but don't expect TTG to actually answer questions or address our concerns.

    Honestly, I can't think of a single game company that makes more of an effort to please their fans than Telltale. Can you name another company where the developers will regularly appear on forums and talk to the fans, answering their questions?

    Sure, they still do some bad stuff (the way Telltale stays almost completely silent about games until they release has got to stop), but I wouldn't interpret that as them not caring.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Telltale Staff
    edited October 2011
    Hey guys!

    I'm not a regular member of the Law & Order team, but last week I had the opportunity to help out on the first two episodes.

    Wow. They have done a really good job! If you guys are fans of Law & Order then I think you're gonna like this game. Lead Designer Ryan has done a really good job in making both the Law (Searching crime scenes and questioning suspects) and the Order side (Courtroom antics!) a fun and consistent experience! I really felt like was learning something about the process AND getting to use that knowledge in the game!

    Additionally, the familiar characters all look and sound better than I expected, which is always good!

    Anyway, it looks like we are putting the final polish on the first episode... Not sure when it's set to release though.

    So, that's it for now. I know it's not much, but I just wanted to pop in and give you guys some kind of update, as brief as it may be. Thanks for being patient guys!
  • edited October 2011
    Thanks Mark. :)
    BTW the press released talked about 2011.

    Even if I think that this is the Telltale project with less hype of all, I think it may turn a really good game if it has the right gameplay.
    I'm very curious, can you give some credit on who's working on it? Are all new people?
    And are these episodes similar to CSI game? Are they different cases or one big case?

    Thanks, Mark!
    Keep on the good work! ;)
  • edited October 2011
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    Hey guys!

    I'm not a regular member of the Law & Order team, but last week I had the opportunity to help out on the first two episodes.

    Wow. They have done a really good job! If you guys are fans of Law & Order then I think you're gonna like this game. Lead Designer Ryan has done a really good job in making both the Law (Searching crime scenes and questioning suspects) and the Order side (Courtroom antics!) a fun and consistent experience! I really felt like was learning something about the process AND getting to use that knowledge in the game!

    Additionally, the familiar characters all look and sound better than I expected, which is always good!

    Anyway, it looks like we are putting the final polish on the first episode... Not sure when it's set to release though.

    So, that's it for now. I know it's not much, but I just wanted to pop in and give you guys some kind of update, as brief as it may be. Thanks for being patient guys!

    This makes me even more excited! I myself like the Order part more then the Law part and am glad that you get to play in the courtroom.
  • edited October 2011
    I really hope it's possible to put the wrong suspect on trial.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Telltale Staff
    edited October 2011
    Thanks Mark. :)
    BTW the press released talked about 2011.

    Even if I think that this is the Telltale project with less hype of all, I think it may turn a really good game if it has the right gameplay.
    I'm very curious, can you give some credit on who's working on it? Are all new people?
    And are these episodes similar to CSI game? Are they different cases or one big case?

    Thanks, Mark!
    Keep on the good work! ;)

    Ryan Kaufman is the lead designer on the project, and he's doing a great job in keeping the gameplay both fun and balanced! I know that Ryan and Andy Hartzel have been writing episodes... but I'm not sure who else is writing.

    And yes, each episode is a different case, but they all have a story thread that continues throughout all the episodes!
  • edited October 2011
    Thanks for the update, Mark.

    Also, the way you described it makes the game sound like Phoenix Wright. While I don't care at all for Law and Order (not that I hate the show, just doesn't interest me), I do love the Ace Attorney series, so consider my interest piqued.
  • edited October 2011
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    Ryan Kaufman is the lead designer on the project,

    Glad to see ex-LucasArts guys join their friends. ;)
    Anyway, this interview makes the first episode scheduled for a "before the end of the year" release:
    http://gamasutra.com/view/news/37666/Interview_Telltale_Games_Bets_Big_On_iPad.php
  • edited October 2011
    So has the LA part been dropped? Cos everywhere seems to just call it Law and Oder game.
  • edited October 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    So has the LA part been dropped? Cos everywhere seems to just call it Law and Oder game.

    They're already saying it stinks? :D
  • edited October 2011
    They're already saying it stinks? :D

    Or there focusing on the Law and Order main show instead of spin off. Or they can't be arsed to say Law and Order Los Angeles.

    EDIT:
    I finally saw my misspelling XD.
  • edited November 2011
    This game is still one? Awesome! I completely forgot about it after the show was canceled. I just kind of figured that NBC would have canned the game too. Guess I'd better remember to keep my eyes and ears open for more news on this then. :D
  • edited November 2011
    No news about this game?
    I remember this game was planned for 2011, as they state HERE...

    Was the game dropped?

    there is a simular game coming 2012 GTA V it is called, your back in san andreas but your playing as the guy from vice city, not the 2nd vice city, but the first one, also you can watch a trailer for it at [url]www.rockstargames.com:[/url])
  • edited November 2011
    there is a simular game coming 2012 GTA V it is called, your back in san andreas but your playing as the guy from vice city, not the 2nd vice city, but the first one, also you can watch a trailer for it at [url]www.rockstargames.com:[/url])

    Uh...unless Telltale's making some massive changes to their engine, I'm pretty sure this game isn't going to even slightly resemble Grand Theft Auto.
  • edited November 2011
    there is a simular game coming 2012 GTA V it is called, your back in san andreas but your playing as the guy from vice city, not the 2nd vice city, but the first one, also you can watch a trailer for it at [url]www.rockstargames.com:[/url])
    1. GTA V is not a point and click adventure.
    2. GTA V is about being a criminal, not about being police and district attorneys.
    3. The only confirmed setting information about GTA V is that it's in Los Santos. The rest of San Andreas is unconfirmed.
    4. The character you play as is also unconfirmed at this time. Playing as Tommy Vercetti is nothing more than a rumor.

    The only thing you were accurate about is that you can watch the trailer at Rockstar's site...
  • edited November 2011
    mjc0961 wrote: »
    1. GTA V is not a point and click adventure.
    2. GTA V is about being a criminal, not about being police and district attorneys.
    3. The only confirmed setting information about GTA V is that it's in Los Santos. The rest of San Andreas is unconfirmed.
    4. The character you play as is also unconfirmed at this time. Playing as Tommy Vercetti is nothing more than a rumor.

    The only thing you were accurate about is that you can watch the trailer at Rockstar's site...

    there is also rumors whether or not if you can become a bad guy or a good guy
  • edited November 2011
    I'm pretty sure they haven't dropped it. They're just probably more focused on The Walking Dead.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2011
    Confirmed: Game has not been dropped. We're trying to launch a website, screenshots and a behind the scenes trailer simultaneously and for the game to look nice and polished for these goodies. Instead of trickling out details we wanted to give everyone the full scoop all at once. We're still trying to nail down timing so I won't make a promise I can't keep, but expect said full scoop very very soon!
  • edited December 2011
    Shauntron wrote: »
    Confirmed: Game has not been dropped. We're trying to launch a website, screenshots and a behind the scenes trailer simultaneously and for the game to look nice and polished for these goodies. Instead of trickling out details we wanted to give everyone the full scoop all at once. We're still trying to nail down timing so I won't make a promise I can't keep, but expect said full scoop very very soon!

    Good to know there's some info coming. Two questions, though. I know you might not be able to answer them, but I may as well ask.

    1. Since there's apparently a flood of info on the way while word on The Walking Dead has been fairly quiet, does this mean L&O will be out before The Walking Dead?

    2. Is it still planned to come out in 2011 (i.e.: this month)?
  • edited December 2011
    Shauntron wrote: »
    Confirmed: Game has not been dropped. We're trying to launch a website, screenshots and a behind the scenes trailer simultaneously and for the game to look nice and polished for these goodies. Instead of trickling out details we wanted to give everyone the full scoop all at once. We're still trying to nail down timing so I won't make a promise I can't keep, but expect said full scoop very very soon!

    This makes me a happy coolsome.
  • edited December 2011
    Shauntron wrote: »
    Confirmed: Game has not been dropped. We're trying to launch a website, screenshots and a behind the scenes trailer simultaneously and for the game to look nice and polished for these goodies. Instead of trickling out details we wanted to give everyone the full scoop all at once. We're still trying to nail down timing so I won't make a promise I can't keep, but expect said full scoop very very soon!

    Awesome. Thanks for the news. I'll keep my eyes open. :D
  • edited December 2011
    A Behind the Scenes video is out on the TV Guide website, and it doesn't look like it's an LA game anymore, it's an entire Law & Order universe game.

    Can I post a link to the video? I mean, Telltale officially acknowledged it on Twitter, after all.
  • edited December 2011
    I assume it's fine to share the trailer. It's here: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Law-Order-Game-1040737.aspx

    I don't watch Law & Order, but it's pretty cool that they're taking all these different versions of L&O and are throwing them together. Not sure about the graphics though, feels like a bit of a step back from more recent Telltale games. Perhaps because Ipod and Ipad seem to be the main platforms this time around (with PC & Mac coming later? A bit weird if true, as the PC-versions have always been there on day 1).

    I like that the game has branching storylines based on how you play. Jurassic Park had a little bit of that, which I enjoyed, and Walking Dead seems to have that even more. Very exciting. Oh, and 7 episodes? That's crazy! Maybe they're shorter than what we're used to (which also seems logical if the game is targeted at mobile platforms)?

    I'm still not sure if this is a game for me, but can some of the fans (or developers!) recommend me some of the best Law & Order episodes? I'm especially interested if it stars one of the characters of the game, I guess.
  • edited December 2011
    Jack McCoy is in it!!!

    Edit: Does anyone know if Sam Waterstone is voicing Jack McCoy.
  • edited December 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    Jack McCoy is in it!!!

    Edit: Does anyone know if Sam Waterstone is voicing Jack McCoy.

    He is not, though the voice actors we got to voice the favorite Law & Order franchise characters that appear in our game sound great!
  • edited December 2011
    He is not, though the voice actors we got to voice the favorite Law & Order franchise characters that appear in our game sound great!

    Oh ok I'm sure he will sound the same as the TV version. (like Wallace did in W&G game). Also I never thought Lenny Brisco would be in this game.:D
  • edited December 2011
    Oh god, I are excite!

    I'm going to be disappointed if the final episode does not end with Jack McCoy performing a heroic sacrifice to stop a threat to destroy the human race, and a golden statue of him declaring him the savior of Humanity. Or the 'Free Man' ending as I've come to refer to it.
  • edited December 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    I'm going to be disappointed if the final episode does not end with Jack McCoy performing a heroic sacrifice to stop a threat to destroy the human race, and a golden statue of him declaring him the savior of Humanity. Or the 'Free Man' ending as I've come to refer to it.

    In my mind that's how the series has ended.
  • edited December 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    Jack McCoy is in it!!!
    YES!
    He is not, though the voice actors we got to voice the favorite Law & Order franchise characters that appear in our game sound great!
    Having just recently played Ubisoft's NCIS game, this made me sad. But then I remembered Back to the Future, and that you guys care more about making a great game than Ubisoft does for these kinds of games. So I'm sure it will be fine.
    coolsome wrote: »
    Also I never thought Lenny Brisco would be in this game.:D
    Lenny's in the game?! Holy crap want now please. :eek:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.