User Avatar Image

The Great Nostalgia Thread

posted by Comrade Pants on - last edited - Viewed by 3.5K users
So, this showed up in my YouTube suggestions. If you don't nostalgia, you probably aren't an American nerd in your 20s.
90 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Chyron8472;569583 said:
    (also Power Rangers is just a live action Voltron clone, so I cba.)
    Technically, Power Rangers' source material is older than Voltron. Who's ripping off who now!?
  • Chyron8472;569583 said:
    (also Power Rangers is just a live action Voltron clone, so I cba.)
    Power Rangers and Voltron take different approaches to the "completely rip apart a Japanese product to make something so we don't have to make our own show" plan. While Voltron takes unrelated shows and splices them together, Power Rangers actually creates US-made content in order to further a bigoted, Amero-centric agenda of wiping out any expression of foreign culture, because God knows children can't deal with that.
  • Scnew;569585 said:
    I feel like maybe it was his lack of skin and exposed brain that made him scary. At least until parents complained and he basically turned into a cartoon character.
    He did get more victory's with Rita and even got a one on one fight with Tommy.
  • Scnew;569586 said:
    Technically, Power Rangers' source material is older than Voltron. Who's ripping off who now!?
    They're all ripping off Super Street Fighter II, the monomyth of our generation.
  • Something about this game makes it more nostalgic than others. It still is a really good (and hard) game today. Has anyone else played it?
  • The Batman animated series of the 90s was indisputably awesome, but I never played a game based on it that was any good.
  • Dragonball Z funi/ocean dub is nostalgic for me cos of my memory's of watching it after school everyday.
  • Scnew;569585 said:
    I feel like maybe it was his lack of skin and exposed brain that made him scary. At least until parents complained and he basically turned into a cartoon character.
    The Shredder from (old school) Ninja Turtles is scarier than Zedd could ever dream of being.
  • Chyron8472;569595 said:
    The Shredder from (old school) Ninja Turtles is scarier than Zedd could ever dream of being.
    I was never scared of either of them.
  • OH man do I hate Gundam.

Also, Noozles was better.
Add Comment