User Avatar Image

Steam Treasure Hunt! (ON-TOPIC)

posted by RAnthonyMahan on - last edited - Viewed by 813 users
So, it looks like Valve is planning a big Christmas event. A whole bunch of Steam games have gotten holiday-themed achievements added...including Jurassic Park.

Just thought that was worth mentioning. I think it's pretty cool that Telltale's taking more of a part in the Steam community.

Also, not sure if anyone on the Telltale Team can answer this, but did you have to actually update the game for this (i.e.: adding new lines), or is it just simply throwing in a new achievement?

EDIT: Poker Night at the Inventory and Puzzle Agent 2 have Christmas achievements as well!
18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Doesn't seem like it required any addition to the game really.

I'm fairly certain you were always able to tell Miles to forget it at the dock and he'd offer a bonus; I think I even did it on my play through.
  • Emo Hoe;569828 said:
    Doesn't seem like it required any addition to the game really.

I'm fairly certain you were always able to tell Miles to forget it at the dock and he'd offer a bonus; I think I even did it on my play through.
    So it seems. Ah well, at least I got a free achievement.
  • A pity that those of us who ordered Deluxe Editions through the Telltale store won't be able to get these achievements, since we don't have versions of the game linked to our Steam accounts. ;_;
  • Archaic;570692 said:
    A pity that those of us who ordered Deluxe Editions through the Telltale store won't be able to get these achievements, since we don't have versions of the game linked to our Steam accounts. ;_;
    Yeah, I was going to say the same :(

I always buy Telltale games from here and I'd like to have them all on Steam but I'm not going to buy them twice! It's a pity...

PD: Should be nice to have a Steam-code, like with Poker Night...
  • nomecopies;570698 said:

Or Devil's Playhouse... Where the reason was a Steam promotion deal.
  • There was a thread on the first page of the customer support forums asking about Steam, so instead of making a brand new thread, I've bumped it up and posted about these concerns. Hopefully someone from Telltale will listen and take pity on us.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27142
  • LASD;570703 said:
    Or Devil's Playhouse... Where the reason was a Steam promotion deal.
    I didn't knew that... I bought Devil's Playhouse but didn't get any Steam code :confused:
  • nomecopies;570713 said:
    I didn't knew that... I bought Devil's Playhouse but didn't get any Steam code :confused:
    I believe only preorderers got a Steam key.

There was a TF2 cross-promotion. People who preordered The Devil's Playhouse received Max's Head in TF2. So they made an exception and handed out Steam keys. That was the first time. Poker Night was the second exception. Those are the only two, I think?
  • nomecopies;570698 said:
    Wait what? Another potential Xmas Achievement I can obtain? :P How do I get a steam key from my poker night purchase here? :D
  • You had to have pre-ordered Poker Night here on Telltale. If you did, then check your old emails.
Add Comment