User Avatar Image

Games too simple and too short

posted by daro2096 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users
Bit dissapointed with these games so far.

No real interaction in the game.

It is just a story. The only playing involved is asking the right questions and using the right objection point.

Not worth the £1.99 I paid for it. I expected better from Telltale.
23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So it's closer to BttF and JP than it is to Sam and Max and Monkey Island, then?

Thanks for the heads-up. I was actually considering getting this for a while. I hope Telltale returns to their senses soon.
  • No spoilers but is the story good?
  • coolsome;571914 said:
    No spoilers but is the story good?
    Well I liked the stories so far but I think its hard to judge yet because there is apperantly some bigger story that will run trough all the episodes.

So far they have borrowed from a couple of Law & Order episodes meaning if you watch the show regulary then you will not find much new here.
  • RAnthonyMahan;571772 said:
    So it's closer to BttF and JP than it is to Sam and Max and Monkey Island, then?

Thanks for the heads-up. I was actually considering getting this for a while. I hope Telltale returns to their senses soon.
    Play the game and you will find out. You find a body, you interview the witness then search the crime scene then interview a witness which leads to another witness to interview to another witness to eventually you arrest a murder suspect. No real interaction. You can't choose where to go it is already decided for you.

The older Law and Order games were much better than this which is nothing more than a story.

I purchased the first two episodes. Not sure if I will buy the rest.
  • RAnthonyMahan;571772 said:
    So it's closer to BttF and JP than it is to Sam and Max and Monkey Island, then?

At least in BttF there is puzzles to solve.
  • daro2096;572012 said:
    At least in BttF there is puzzles to solve.
    Is there? I don't remember solving any puzzles in BttF :p
  • Woodsyblue;572101 said:
    Is there? I don't remember solving any puzzles in BttF :p
    You have to fix the subwoofer in episode 1. That is a puzzle is it not?
  • daro2096;572557 said:
    You have to fix the subwoofer in episode 1. That is a puzzle is it not?
    I was making a joke at the expense of BttF: TG's simplicity and poor design, as explained best by Rather Dashing.
  • All through Episode 1 I kept asking myself if this was a straight ripoff of an episode I'd already seen. Fact of the matter is that the plot components are an amalgam of aired episodes, and there's minimal new or engaging to continue to buy further episodes of this game. :p
    I'm stopping at #1, as I know Telltale can do better (Sam & Max and Monkey island were sooo cool!):winslow:
  • Comic Sans is a good way to gain respect, y'know. :P
Add Comment