'Coming Soon To PC'

When is soon? I find it odd that you wouldn't release all platforms at the same time, but I find it stranger still that the PC releases aren't your primary concern, considering it's where Telltale began. Still, any word on when?

Comments

  • edited December 2011
    Sometime in early 2012. Maybe January?

    And yeah, the fact that Telltale seems to slowly be giving preference to iOS over the PC troubles me too. I can understand why they're doing it from a business perspective, but it still doesn't sit well. Partially because I'm a PC gamer, and partially because iGames tend to be...well, simple, casual stuff.
  • edited December 2011
    Damn igamers! A POX ON ALL YOUR iTHINGS!
  • edited December 2011
    Concur'd.
  • edited December 2011
    I will pop in and disagree with the fact Telltale started on PC meaning they should preference it. The market's changed over the past seven years, and where the PC once thrived the iOS devices now take up the casual gaming sphere and that's the market Telltale seems to get the most profit out of.
  • edited December 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    I will pop in and disagree with the fact Telltale started on PC meaning they should preference it. The market's changed over the past seven years, and where the PC once thrived the iOS devices now take up the casual gaming sphere and that's the market Telltale seems to get the most profit out of.

    Im not hating on TTG. I just want to play L&O now. :P
  • edited December 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    Im not hating on TTG. I just want to play L&O now. :P

    You stole the words from my mouth! Give them back!
  • edited December 2011
    My problem with Telltale focusing their games for iOS isn't that it feels like they are abandoning their PC roots, it's more that their iOS focused games seem to be, well, worse. It could just be a coincidence but all their newer games are simpler and easier than their old ones, and they really don't feel like they were made with the PC in mind *cough*Jurassic Park*cough*.

    If they're making more money off iOS than PC then bully for them, but this is not the same Telltale I knew and loved.
  • edited December 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    My problem with Telltale focusing their games for iOS isn't that it feels like they are abandoning their PC roots, it's more that their iOS focused games seem to be, well, worse. It could just be a coincidence but all their newer games are simpler and easier than their old ones, and they really don't feel like they were made with the PC in mind *cough*Jurassic Park*cough*.

    If they're making more money off iOS than PC then bully for them, but this is not the same Telltale I knew and loved.

    I agree. I don't think it's a coincidence that BttF was both the first Telltale game to have a proper iPad release and the start of Telltale's apparent downward spiral.

    I'm not trying to blame iOS for Telltale's change, nor am I saying Telltale should ignore iOS, but it's clear changes are happening over at Telltale, and not for the better.
  • edited January 2012
    Hmmm... I kind of think that they just had it ready for iOS in time, and wanted to beat the 'end of year release' they'd promised. A port will take a bit of time.

    As they'd already delayed Jurassic Park this year, and missed the release for The Walking Dead.
  • edited January 2012
    Yeah what sup with the game not being released all at once? First off its alot better to play TTG adventure games on the PC. Ive been playing Sam & Max when Lucas Arts originated the game since the early 90s. Its also a shame that they never released Full Throttle 2. TTG should bring back Full Throttle as they did with Curse of Monkey Island and Sam & Max.
  • edited January 2012
    Rocka3030 wrote: »
    Yeah what sup with the game not being released all at once? First off its alot better to play TTG adventure games on the PC. Ive been playing Sam & Max when Lucas Arts originated the game since the early 90s. Its also a shame that they never released Full Throttle 2. TTG should bring back Full Throttle as they did with Curse of Monkey Island and Sam & Max.

    LucasArts has returned to their usual business plan of STAR WARS STAR WARS STAR WARS. It's unlikely we'll see any of their adventure IPs ever again. Hell, it's a miracle we even got Tales of Monkey Island and the Special Editions.
  • edited January 2012
    LucasArts has returned to their usual business plan of STAR WARS STAR WARS STAR WARS. It's unlikely we'll see any of their adventure IPs ever again. Hell, it's a miracle we even got Tales of Monkey Island and the Special Editions.

    Yeah ok, so where's Republic Commando 2? Battlefront 3? the next mind blowing Indiana Jones game? No where to be seen, hell, what has Lucasarts been up to?!
  • edited January 2012
    Yeah ok, so where's Republic Commando 2? Battlefront 3? the next mind blowing Indiana Jones game? No where to be seen, hell, what has Lucasarts been up to?!

    LucasArts is barely a developer anymore. At this point they exist pretty much to hand out the Star Wars license to other devs. Aside from the two Force Unleashed games, I can't think of anything they've actually developed lately.

    And I'm guessing lately they've been working on The Old Republic. Well, as much as you can be working on a game you didn't actually develop. :rolleyes:
  • RyanKaufmanRyanKaufman Telltale Staff
    edited January 2012
    Rocka3030 wrote: »
    Its also a shame that they never released Full Throttle 2. TTG should bring back Full Throttle as they did with Curse of Monkey Island and Sam & Max.

    YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!! :)

    I was lucky enough to be a tester on the first Throttle, and it is one of my favorite all-time games. First off, just releasing a port on iOS would be awesome. Such a great game.

    And I was the lead designer on FT2... I fell in love with the world and characters. Wish we coulda finished that one. :(
  • edited January 2012
    And I was the lead designer on FT2... I fell in love with the world and characters. Wish we coulda finished that one. :(

    Yeah, I remember you and Sean Clark giving a lecture about writing in games during those days...
    I think I am one of the few Lucasarts-fans who was actually waiting for Hell On Wheels: the multiplatform adventure-action mix sounded interesting to me. :)
  • edited January 2012
    YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!! :) Wish we coulda finished that one. :(

    Why don't you? That would be INCREDIBLE.
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2012
    I find your lack of faith, erm... communication... disturbing.

    Throw us a bone here, I really want to get this game sometime "soon", but if "soon" is not "soon" enough, I believe a lot of folks will lose interest
    My interest is quite low right now, and fading due to the lack of information; Q1 is too vague and right now sounds more like April than Feb or March.

    Preemtive answer:
    I don't have an iDevice and I won't buy an iDevice to play a game (I don't like iDevices too)
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2012
    As far as I know, Telltale doesn't sell PC games to Arrakis anyway. :D
  • edited January 2012
    The way it looks to me is that they are waiting until all the episodes are released for the iDevices before releasing them on PC/Mac which should then mean that they will release them all at once in one package. Hopefully anyway.
  • edited January 2012
    So is Law and Order: Legacies' "Coming Soon for PC" announcement pretty much the same as the "Coming Soon to iPad" announcement for The Devil's Playhouse, only in reverse? I.e., something hyped in advance that never materializes?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Well, maybe the PC programmer teams are neck-deep in a ... different project right now. ;)
  • edited January 2012
    ATMachine wrote: »
    So is Law and Order: Legacies' "Coming Soon for PC" announcement pretty much the same as the "Coming Soon to iPad" announcement for The Devil's Playhouse, only in reverse? I.e., something hyped in advance that never materializes?

    Hey, speaking of ports that never came, whatever happened to the PS3 versions of Puzzle Agent 2 and Hector?
  • RyanKaufmanRyanKaufman Telltale Staff
    edited January 2012
    ATMachine wrote: »
    So is Law and Order: Legacies' "Coming Soon for PC" announcement pretty much the same as the "Coming Soon to iPad" announcement for The Devil's Playhouse, only in reverse? I.e., something hyped in advance that never materializes?

    Heh. It materialized. ;)
  • edited January 2012
    $20 for the PC?

    Well, I guess that's close to the per episode cost on the iOS devices if you didn't buy the season pack, but I have to ask. Why the $7ish premium?

    Anything changed between the iOS version and the PC?

    Because if not... $12ish seemed right since I happened to be back on an iDevice for now (btw, bring your stuff to the Windows devices). But if I'd just been holding out for the PC version, despite being a huge fan of L&O and Telltale, I have to admit that $20 would be a hard sell for me.

    Was planning on picking up the PC version since I won't be stuck on this phone much longer. $15 or under would have been an instant rebuy for me (it's an easy threshold for impulse purchases), but I guess I'll wait a bit.
  • edited January 2012
    Hey, speaking of ports that never came, whatever happened to the PS3 versions of Puzzle Agent 2 and Hector?

    Whatever happened to the Wiiware version of Puzzle Agent 1?
  • edited January 2012
    Will there be a disc release at the end of the season?

    Waiting that confirmation to buy. :D
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2012
    nomecopies wrote: »
    Will there be a disc release at the end of the season?

    Waiting that confirmation to buy. :D

    With that price tag, I severely doubt it. :(
  • edited January 2012
    With that price tag, I severely doubt it. :(

    I think you're probably right about no collector's DVD, but I don't think price would be the reason.

    Unless I'm getting it confused, I want to say that Wallace and Gromit had a preorder deal for around that price or maybe it was $25. Anyway, it had a fairly nice DVD released with extras.
  • edited January 2012
    I preordered Back to the future at $19,99 too, so the price it's not the reason. What scares me it's the "season pass" of the title. I'd love a DVD for my Telltale collection. I can understand that Puzzle Agent or Hector didn't, but this one has SEVEN episodes! Still with (a little) hope till official words.

    PD: Also, the iPhone version it's about $12, why would the PC version be more expensive if it offers the same?
  • edited January 2012
    nomecopies wrote: »
    I preordered Back to the future at $19,99 too, so the price it's not the reason. What scares me it's the "season pass" of the title. I'd love a DVD for my Telltale collection. I can understand that Puzzle Agent or Hector didn't, but this one has SEVEN episodes! Still with (a little) hope till official words.

    PD: Also, the iPhone version it's about $12, why would the PC version be more expensive if it offers the same?

    Well, Telltale's never really liked selling individual episodes right away.

    But yes, the price difference kind of surprises me. Sure, iOS users have different expectations for games in the app store (ie. 'if it's not .99 cents, it's overpriced'), but still.

    With Apple's cut of profits and fees for developing for the platform...Unless I'm missing something and the PC version has extra features or better casting or more gameplay, I get the feeling that pricing at $20 with no season discount as on iOS means PC gamers are helping subsidize the iOS version.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2012
    JJoyce wrote: »
    I think you're probably right about no collector's DVD, but I don't think price would be the reason.

    Unless I'm getting it confused, I want to say that Wallace and Gromit had a preorder deal for around that price or maybe it was $25. Anyway, it had a fairly nice DVD released with extras.

    26$ even. That's 30% more than the present Law & Order offer. ;)
  • edited January 2012
    Episodes 1-3 are available immediately upon purchase.

    this what it said on peutchase page. i brought the game for the pc and got 1 episode where are the other2
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2012
    You've already downloaded them, no doubt. ;)

    Try finding a switch button in the "chapter 1" screen, you should be able to choose from there.
  • edited January 2012
    the libary in the game shows aa 7 parts but when i click on part2 nothing happens please hrlp
  • edited January 2012
    You access the other episodes the same way you access episode 1. From the Episodes menu, after hitting Play on the main menu.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.