User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 51.7K users
basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore
3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • tmsmyth4;572666 said:
    nice I was thinking about getting Shinobi. Despite being a totally different game, sounds like it has that Dark Souls feel by forcing you to remember enemy patterns and punishing you for loss of concentration and rewarding patience. I love all that but I heard they are a bit stingy with lives and because of that it starts bordering on unfair. need to look into that because my 3DS seems fragile and demands care, not games like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKSfcMy-aZA

Here's a good review.
    I haven't got that far, but apparently the second half of the game gets worse in quality.
    (But I'll have to actually get that far first! XD)
  • Nice review, he definitely seems hung up about the 2nd half though-cheap pit deaths and shoving 3DS up butholes doesn't appeal to me, but with a game like this as long as the controls are tight, and youre given the necessary tools to succeed then it sounds good. Cheap deaths are fine if you can learn from your mistakes and not fall into the same trap. I just hate it when you succeed, die, then can't repeat the same ninja like moves that you fluked the first time. Sounds like the controls are pretty good though and hey, its only £12 on Amazon. will be getting this, cheers
  • I'm stuck in Portal 2. I could use some help.
  • StrongBrush1;572695 said:
    I'm stuck in Portal 2. I could use some help.
    try using portals
  • Rather Dashing;572707 said:
    try using portals
    and if that doesn't work place the portals in different spots and try again
  • oh wait the hard mode in the new deus ex is actually hard
  • HOOKSHOT FUCK YEAH. It's still bullshit that Adult Link can't use the boomerang though. >B[ How is that a kid's weapon?

And now I need to refill Lake Hylia so I can get back to what's really important - FISHING GAME.
  • Rather Dashing;572725 said:
    oh wait the hard mode in the new deus ex is actually hard
    I didnt have too much trouble in hard mode. Then again, I also never did beat a no kills run if thats what you are doing.
  • Mini Ninjas (fun, too much collecting stuff though)
    Dead Space (completely broken thanks to the DLC that gives me a Level 6 suit at the very first shop)
    ...and pretty much any Steam game that gets me Holiday Achievements (The Binding of Isaac was the last one, and Steam totally gypped me on the achievement, grr)
  • I just finished Batman Arkham City on PS3 now I'm currently playing Skyrim on PC and on the rare occasion that the game crashes I go to play Assassin's Creed Revelations on PS3 though I'm having a hard time getting into the game even though I loved the previous ones. Oh yeah and I got the new Rayman which is just as good as the first two games in the series.
Add Comment