User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 78.8K users
What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".
5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Aw. I miss the page full of AK. :(
  • [CENTER]image[/CENTER]

So I just bought this guy from the goodwill. It's a crocodile nutcracker. I did a little research and recon that this guy was probably made between the fourties and sixties (or earlier) and likely from England. I couldn't find any maker's marks. What makes this guy stand out from the other crocodile nutcrackers I've noticed online is that this guy has a colored floral back that has since faded. Does anyone have any insight as to its history? Or know any resources I can look to?
  • Giant Tope;586898 said:

So I just bought this guy from the goodwill. It's a crocodile nutcracker. I did a little research and recon that this guy was probably made between the fourties and sixties (or earlier) and likely from England. I couldn't find any maker's marks. What makes this guy stand out from the other crocodile nutcrackers I've noticed online is that this guy has a colored floral back that has since faded. Does anyone have any insight as to its history? Or know any resources I can look to?
    Bring it to Pawn Stars. They know a guy who knows all about 1940s-1960s (or earlier) English crocodile nutcrackers.

(From PSN in 3D HD)
  • Well, since I have a PS+ account they were technically free, but I guess they count:

Yes, those are both free if you have a Playstation Plus account. Seriously, seriously cool.
  • Darth Marsden;586956 said:
    I approve of this. More people must play Trine 2. I must play more Trine 2... as soon as I'm in range of the computer with the better graphics card...
  • Apparently I have learned the ancient art of fending off potential last-minute-outbidders on eBay. As a result:

£14.01. Note the extra penny, it's what won it for me. Also, it's actually the Promo Disc they sent to retailers, so no box, but meh, I was just gonna make my own anyway, so I don't really mind. :)
Add Comment