User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 76K users
Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.
5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Today's Daily Deal is the Hector series. All three episodes for £4.37 / $4.99. Pretty damn good for that price.

Today's 2K Deal is the Mafia series. 75% off the lot, and that includes the DLC for Mafia II.
  • The Mafia series was already on a 50% sale. That's pretty odd.
  • Johro;587236 said:
    The Mafia series was already on a 50% sale. That's pretty odd.
    All the 2K games are 50% off, and they're rotating the games that are 75% off each day. i.e. Borderlands is still on sale, just not by as much. It is a bit weird, I agree. No reason to buy anything at 50% off until Sunday.
  • Johro;587236 said:
    The Mafia series was already on a 50% sale. That's pretty odd.
    Yeah, I did kinda point that out earlier, but it wasn't very clear.
    Darth Marsden;587025 said:
    A different deal every day until Monday, with the entire 2K collection having some form of random discount. Woo randomness, I guess.
  • Darth Marsden;587232 said:
    Today's Daily Deal is the Hector series. All three episodes for £4.37 / $4.99. Pretty damn good for that price.
    Note that the genre for Hector says "casual, adventure". I haven't played Hector but I would not pay 5 bucks for an adventure game that's too easy. And from what I've seen of Hector it doesn't look like my cup of tea.
  • I wouldn't call Hector 'easy'. Casual is very much the wrong category.
  • Darth Marsden;587279 said:
    I wouldn't call Hector 'easy'. Casual is very much the wrong category.

Too bad they don't have a British Catergory... Though it doesn't seem THAT casual, then again I haven't played it so I could be wrong.
  • Darth Marsden;587279 said:
    I wouldn't call Hector 'easy'. Casual is very much the wrong category.
    Hm, strange that they would call it casual. Oh, I just don't know.
    In the end I'll probably submit and buy it anyway. Damn you Steam!
  • Regarding the Mafia 50% to 75% thing - that's how week-long special sales have always worked on Steam. Summer sales, Christmas sales, Halloween sales, company catalog sales... All games that are on sale have a discount, but on a certain single day it's a bigger one. So there's really nothing surprising.

It is rather ingenious actually. I mean, for example today, people will buy shitloads copies of Mafia just because it's on a special 75% sale, and it would net a profit bigger than if Mafia would stay at the same 50% discount price.
  • caeska;587285 said:
    In the end I'll probably submit and buy it anyway. Damn you Steam!
    I agree.
Add Comment