User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 81K users
What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".
5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Darth Marsden;588216 said:
    (yes, the original game, Awakening and all the DLC)...
    I so want a Steam-Sale on that game.
  • Rather Dashing;588291 said:
    Excuse me, but real Chinese food comes form New York. I don't know what we'd call the call food in China, but it sure isn't Chinese food. ;)

Wikipedia deals with the distinction by calling it American Chinese cuisine.
    Right. I kind of forgot that all culture originates in the Great Gilded Nova Yorke and all we outsiders get are debased profligate versions of it.

In all seriousness, though, that's a really good way of dealing with the distinction. I shall adopt it.
    RetroVortex;588292 said:
    I like a "chinese" takeaway as much as I like a "kebab", (which is very much! :D).

But seriously, what Chinese people ACTUALLY eat could put you off food for life! :X

(I mean seriously, can it legally be even classified as food?)
    *shrugs* I dunno. My fiancee's Chinese, so I'm trying to learn to like more Chinese food. Seeing as how I'm the whitest white guy to ever white a white whitey, I'll need all the luck in the world.
  • Orcs Must Die! and All Zombies Must Die!

...I'm in a killing mood.
  • Comrade Pants;588346 said:

*shrugs* I dunno. My fiancee's Chinese, so I'm trying to learn to like more Chinese food. Seeing as how I'm the whitest white guy to ever white a white whitey, I'll need all the luck in the world.
    PROTIP: If she's cooking, go for the wontons (Assuming you know what's in 'em.)
  • ted12;588350 said:
    Pork or chicken, typically. Omnomnom :P
  • I feel compelled to make a joke about being wary about your food when the family dog suddenly goes missing. ;)
  • ted12;588350 said:
    Doesn't matter. I've had her wontons and she could put anything in it and it still tastes fantastic.

I'm pretty jealous of Chris, actually and will be trying to convince them to move to where ever I go to grad school so that I can eat all their food.
  • Alcoremortis;588371 said:
    Doesn't matter. I've had her wontons and she could put anything in it and it still tastes fantastic.

I'm pretty jealous of Chris, actually and will be trying to convince them to move to where ever I go to grad school so that I can eat all their food.
    Come to Atlanta for grad school! I refuse to move somewhere with strict gun laws and Elisabeth would likely pay me if I convinced you to get drunk around her. Everybody wins!
  • Wait, you two know each other IRL? Huh, that's news to me.
Add Comment