User Avatar Image

The BioWare / EA / Origin thread

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 5K users
I couldn't readily find a thread specifically about Western RPGs or BioWare, so I made one, and expanded the title to inclue EA and Origin in case the topic changed to such.

211 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Vainamoinen;589563 said:
    And second, what's that shit with holding on to my ME3 copy forever? I have to anyway, because these guys took my right to sell my retail games from me!!
    That's just fore the console versions. The only versions that count.
    Also either they plan more multiplayer events like the one this weekend or they just puke out a 10$ DLC pack every 2 months until the end of time.

Also I took this screenshot yesterday. And the ending of ME3 somehow saddens me when I think about this being released in the Arrival DLC last year...
  • Vainamoinen;589563 said:
    Registering ME3 DLC indeed means that the offline mode of Origin doesn't work anymore.
    This is where torrents (of DLC) become a better option, and where EA and BioWare shoot themselves in the foot.
    der_ketzer;589566 said:
    That's just for the console versions. The only versions that count.
    And why is that?
  • Because with consoles you don't have to deal with Origin. Duh.
  • Ah. Well, I don't have a 360 or PS3.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Neither do I. And I always felt keyboard/mouse was the way to play Mass Effect... ;)
  • Beeeeeeeh, the larger this thread becomes the less I'm beginning to like Origin, to the point where I actually think, F this S. The only reason I register The Sims 3 and its EPs there anyway is so that I can get the special content only available on the exchange of The Sims 3.

Basically they're committing gaming hijacking.
  • GaryCXJk;589777 said:
    Basically they're committing gaming hijacking.
    Like the first time you brought HL2 or the The Orange Box home from the shop. I don't have to like their service but it would be hypocritical to argue with it on its principle as someone with a gazillion games on Steam.
  • JedExodus;589876 said:
    I don't have to like their service but it would be hypocritical to argue with it on its principle
    Are you talking about Steam or Origin?
  • Chyron8472;589880 said:
    Are you talking about Steam or Origin?
    Origin, though it doesn't really matter. They're both the same in that regard which was my point.
  • I remember being ridiculously annoyed at Half Life 2 and Counter Strike Source requiring Steam. How times have changed!
Add Comment