User Avatar Image

The Devil's Playhouse Unused Dialogues

posted by Tora Newton Y. on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users
So I don't know if anyone's done this before (I don't think anyone has), but recently, I got linked to a program that explores and extracts the speech files from Telltale games.
As I was looking through the dialogues of my favorite characters in Season 3, I noticed many that aren't actually accessible in-game. I decided to make videos out of them, so everyone could hear the lines that were left on the cutting room floor!
So far I've done...

Doctor Norrington (later I realized some of these lines you can actually hear in the game still, whoops! but there's still a lot of great unused stuff here)

and The Narrator (oh man, now this was interesting. 305 must have went through some pretty major changes before the final version, and 303 might have originally been different too)

Lots of spoilers in these, so don't watch if you haven't finished The Devil's Playhouse yet!
Next I'll do one for Papierwaite, and I may do other characters too.
Thoughts? :0
10 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I posted about The Narrator's lines a while back. The thread got closed, and we still don't really have an answer as to what they're for, other than "something that's not the game."
  • allaboardfilms;592868 said:
    I posted about The Narrator's lines a while back. The thread got closed, and we still don't really have an answer as to what they're for, other than "something that's not the game."
    Oh... whoops...? D:
    Should I delete the link then? If we aren't allowed to discuss this, that's okay, I just didn't know.

    I'm not asking for anyone at Telltale to tell us what the meaning is behind the lines or anything though! I mostly just posted this so us fans could talk about it and speculate. But if Telltale isn't okay with it I'm fine removing the link.
  • Tora Newton Y.;592871 said:
    Oh... whoops...? D:
    Should I delete the link then? If we aren't allowed to discuss this, that's okay, I just didn't know.

    I'm not asking for anyone at Telltale to tell us what the meaning is behind the lines or anything though! I mostly just posted this so us fans could talk about it and speculate. But if Telltale isn't okay with it I'm fine removing the link.
    I have no idea. I say keep it up until you're told otherwise.
  • Bumping this thread again because I just finished the video for Papierwaite!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE5UDN2oLK4

    Check out the unused dialogue for everyone's favorite Elder God summoning ethnic necromancer~
  • Is there any for Skunkape?
  • ryannumber1gamer;596722 said:
    Is there any for Skunkape?
    I could definitely do one for Skun-ka'pe! I don't have any more unused dialogue videos planned or decided yet, so if there's a character you want to see one for feel free to request them and I'll see what I can do!
  • Tora Newton Y.;596730 said:
    I could definitely do one for Skun-ka'pe! I don't have any more unused dialogue videos planned or decided yet, so if there's a character you want to see one for feel free to request them and I'll see what I can do!
    Can you do Skunkape,Sam,Max,Molemen, & Sammun-mak
  • ryannumber1gamer;596959 said:
    Can you do Skunkape,Sam,Max,Molemen, & Sammun-mak
    Sam & Max themselves might be REALLY difficult considering the absurd amounts of dialogue they both have per episode, but... possibly! I won't rule it out yet.
    The Molemen might not have enough... hmm... I'll have to check.
    But I could definitely do ones for Skun-ka'pe and Sammun-Mak! Actually another friend of mine wanted Sammun-Mak too, so that works~
  • I forgot Agent Superball
Add Comment