User Avatar Image

Legend of Zelda Megathread - Adoring Fan Edition

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 16.7K users
I thought we should have a thread to discuss the Legend of Zelda games, especially with Skyward Sword so close!
782 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I was never a Sierra fan to begin with (and I think I only learned of them after joining here), and I still have the LucasArts library to finish before I even think about King's Quest. Besides, I have enough games that I already own to finish without adding more to the list.

Besides, King's Quest just doesn't interest me, both thematically and in perceived difficulty.
  • Assumptions mean nothing. You never really know what a game is like until you play it. Take me, for instance. I still won't play Grim Fandango for stupid reasons. I didn't like the theme, thought it was too Tim Burton-ish, everyone praised it too much etc. I tried the beginning eventually and that wasn't terribly exciting or impressive, but I really didn't give it a chance. I do have to get back to the game eventually. Once I play at least a hefty portion of the game then I'll have be allowed to have an opinion.

I'm not saying you're not allowed to have an opinion (even though you aren't in this case), I'm just saying you should give it a chance first.
  • Well, like I said, I already have a ton of games that caught my interest enough to buy them (most of them without having an entire forum beating me over the head with them) that I have yet to beat or even play, so I really have enough on my plate at the moment.

Hey, wasn't this thread about Zelda at some point?
  • Yes it was. Sadly, we've got a ways to go before the next Zelda game, and any conversation about them is pure speculation.
  • coolsome;594717 said:
    There's...... one way to get back on track.
  • Guru, have I mentioned lately how much I hate(read: envy) you?
  • GuruGuru214;594541 said:
    Way to ruin my moment.

Actually, I'm going to take a break from series running to finish Assassin's Creed: Revelations, then I'm going to dive into a Metroid run, seeing as I have yet to play a third of the series.
    I think you meant to say something about Fallout in there. Dashing even composed a song to commemorate it!
  • I'd hardly call ripping off How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying "composing". That said, because of Icedhope's tabletop proposal, I think I will be giving New Vegas a shot after I finish Assassin's Creed and before I play Metroid.

And I'm only doing this because I already own the games, as the KOTOR incident illustrated that our tastes in games aren't exactly a perfect match.
Add Comment