User Avatar Image

Two Guys From Andromeda (makers of Space Quest) are back!!

posted by MusicallyInspired on - last edited - Viewed by 3.7K users
http://guysfromandromeda.com/

Holy goodness. And they're making a new game. Not Space Quest, but a sci-fi adventure with the same style of comedy. I'm so flabbergasted!
164 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That's pretty awesome. With this and the Kickstarter projects (DoubleFine, Leisure Suit Larry, Jane Jensen and Tex Murphy), it really does seem as though we're entering a second golden age of adventure gaming.
  • This is seriously messing with my head.

Are we allowed to have nice things again? :eek:
  • I'm not sure it seems like a second golden age as much as a rehas of places we have already been. Silver age at best.
  • Hey, as long as the places being rehashed were decent ones, I don't see a problem with that!
  • DAISHI;596154 said:
    I'm not sure it seems like a second golden age as much as a rehas of places we have already been. Silver age at best.
    You're a real 'glass is half empty' kind of guy, aren't you?
  • This is just beyond amazing. Really curious how Scott & Mark made up, after seemingly hating each other.
  • St_Eddie;596162 said:
    You're a real 'glass is half empty' kind of guy, aren't you?
    I would just like to see new material.
  • DAISHI;596169 said:
    I would just like to see new material.
    This isn't Space Quest 7. It's a new game called SpaceVenture. Double Fine is making a new IP, Jane Jenson is making new IPs. The only person who is rehashing is Al Lowe, but he doesn't have a choice.
  • DAISHI;596154 said:
    I'm not sure it seems like a second golden age as much as a rehas of places we have already been. Silver age at best.
    MonkeyMania;596181 said:
    This isn't Space Quest 7. It's a new game called SpaceVenture. Double Fine is making a new IP, Jane Jenson is making new IPs. The only person who is rehashing is Al Lowe, but he doesn't have a choice.
    What he said. Right now there are more new projects than there are rehashes.
    jonathanfrisby;596167 said:
    This is just beyond amazing. Really curious how Scott & Mark made up, after seemingly hating each other.
    Well, I think it was only Scott who had some misgivings about Mark, given his (first ever in ages) interview a while back. But that was a while ago now. They could very well have made amends or whathaveyou. I really don't care, honestly. I'm just happy to see them together. The best SQ games were made with both guys! I hope someday they get the SQ license, but I really can't wait to see what new things they can come up with.

I am truly psyched. This was beyond anything I could have imagined would happen. I never thought they'd get back together and make adventure games again! I will give them whatever money they ask for. The SQ series was and is still my favourite game series EVAR.
Add Comment