User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 81.1K users
What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".
5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style

Mario Kart 7 for my son (Nintendo's AAA titles take forever to come down in price) and Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition for another son and myself (it will also never come down in price because it was limited quantity).

I usually have a pretty high patience level for most items unless they rarely go on sale, etc. The only problem is that I have no self control for items that are on sale (when it is a good sale).
  • kimclijsters13;597425 said:
    (Nintendo's AAA titles take forever to come down in price)
    Don't I know it. I'm still waiting for Mario Kart Wii to come down in price. £20 for a 5 year old game? Uh, no.
  • kimclijsters13;597425 said:
    Nintendo's AAA titles take forever to come down in price
    By forever, you mean likely never.

I bought Super Smash Bros. Melee for GCN years after it came out... and it was still $40 for a used copy at GameStop.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Chyron8472;597440 said:
    By forever, you mean likely never.
    So the sentence "Nintendo's AAA titles take never to come down in price" would not offend your fine sense of grammar? :)
  • It offends mine, but not enough to really care.

Last bought a subscription to BoomerangGames (does that count? Eh, I paid money for it, it counts) since my last Online Video Game Rental service, SwapGame, hadn't sent me anything in over a month despite my list being over 100 games long and I hadn't had a reply from their service team after a fortnight. So f**k them, I'll go elsewhere.

:)
  • Saints Row: The Third on XBox 360 for £10.99. Shouldn't have, but when'll it be that cheap again?
  • Darth Marsden;597659 said:
    Saints Row: The Third on XBox 360 for £10.99. Shouldn't have, but when'll it be that cheap again?
    £10.99 probably warrants the limited fun that you'll have bumming gangsters in the gob with an over-sized dildo. Have at 'em!
  • Darth Marsden;597659 said:
    Saints Row: The Third on XBox 360 for £10.99. Shouldn't have, but when'll it be that cheap again?
    I'm playing through it right now. It's a lot of fun, actually.
  • I've still gotta get through the first two. :rolleyes:

Last bought Postal III. I have no shame.
Add Comment