User Avatar Image

Generic 'Telltale should make...' thread

posted by Stalkers on - last edited - Viewed by 25.8K users
Was this ever discussed as a potential license? The book series is immensely popular and I guess the license isn't too expensive since the TV series bombed. The stories contain quite a bit of detective work and therefore could probably easily adapted into a computer game, probably as a kind of side story to the ongoing story arc - I mean, there are tons of novellas and short stories already.
774 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    As always, no probs.
  • I've often thought that Scrubs would be a good one. And "Tru Calling" would work well in point and click, and it also sounded like it was really going to pick up when the second season started but we never managed to see what the creators had planned on account of it being cancelled, so it seems like a game would be a good way to carry on the storyline.
  • Telltale should make a videogame based on the movie based on the boardgame of BattleShips

So BattleShips: The Movie: The Video Game! XD

EDIT:

Imagine a Red Dwarf series of adventure games.
    Now that would be wacky! :D

(Maybe set it in one of the VR games. They get stuck there, and you have to help them escape, and prevent some kind of external overlaying problem, like Holly going crazy or something)
  • RetroVortex;597909 said:
    Telltale should make a videogame based on the movie based on the boardgame of BattleShips

So BattleShips: The Movie: The Video Game! XD
    Too late.

(And yes, that IS real.)
  • Darth Marsden;597910 said:
    Too late.

(And yes, that IS real.)
    My Reaction
  • Darth Marsden;597910 said:
    Too late.

(And yes, that IS real.)
    ... How can this be a video game about battleships when there are no battleships present it's indistinguishable from every other alien shooter?

Actually, that's a lie. The bit they showed looked almost exactly like the Normandy invasion from Medal of Honor.
  • Maybe they could bring back Rik and Ade and make some new episodes of Bottom! Now the question is... where does the adventure element fit?
  • i find myself wondering if there will ever be another full throttle game, now that it's been 17 years since the first one came out. does anybody know who owns the license? i would have thought telltale would have jumped at it if it was available... anybody know what's up with that?
  • 1) There will be no new Full Throttle game.
    2) LucasArts owns the IP. This means 1).
    3) Telltale would have to deal with the license owners. See 2).
  • Besides, a Full Throttle without Roy Conrad is no Full Throttle at all.
Add Comment