User Avatar Image

telltale game on Apple computers

posted by Champ'dout on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users
I was wondering why doesn't telltale games make there games for the apple computers. I love the Sam & Max Games and i love mac computers. I went and bought a windows pc just so i could play them. i mean a mac is in my opinion the best made and most secure pc on the market and there compters keep getting better i mean they run windows vista better than a pc does. So why can't i get TellTale games made for a MAC!
38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • what does the military and mac computers have to do with each other oh and that pic of the basic trainee brings back memories of boot camp for me
  • Champ'dout;59855 said:
    what does the military and mac computers have to do with each other oh and that pic of the basic trainee brings back memories of boot camp for me
    Boot camp, n. 1. A place where soldiers are trained. 2. A Windows emulator for Macs.
  • TrogLlama;59992 said:
    Boot camp, n. 2. A Windows emulator for Macs.
    That would be incorrect.
  • Guybrush Threepwood;59532 said:
    Don't be silly. Look at the wide selection of games Mac users have. *muffled laughter*
    That's great compared to the crappy selection of games for Linux :P
  • Cardcaptor Stacey;60008 said:
    Well... Sam&Max didn't work on a fresh build of wine or cedega, however besides the few great FPS games released for Linux, there are plenty that do work with the emulation.
    Yes, indeed I tend to use Windows to play the latest releases...

If Telltale didn't use the silly launcher that is dependent on the browser, I am quite sure Sam&Max would work fine..
  • Sam and Max does work fine in Linux. http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4544
    :)
    Now the guys at Telltale need to make that HTML menu that they promised for this site to replace the current flash-based one that doesn't work properly.
  • r00tb33r;60004 said:
    That would be incorrect.
    Yeah, probably. I'm not familiar with Macs; that was just my understanding of Bootcamp's function.
  • dg10050;60024 said:
    Sam and Max does work fine in Linux. http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4544
    :)
    Now the guys at Telltale need to make that HTML menu that they promised for this site to replace the current flash-based one that doesn't work properly.
    Oh well... It doesn't work on my from-scratch-ish thing. I remember that I get the first window that supposed have "play" button or whatever... and thats about where it ended. It was such a long time ago (Season 1 episode 1?) that I don't remember the details. I will give it another shot sometime... Perhaps I need to build a fresh-er version of wine.
    Whats the point of the launcher anyway?
  • Cardcaptor Stacey;60008 said:

Linux get the Penny Arcade games! Well, that's one (hopefully) good game...
  • r00tb33r;60019 said:
    Well... Sam&Max didn't work on a fresh build of wine or cedega, however besides the few great FPS games released for Linux, there are plenty that do work with the emulation
    Well, I actually meant native games :P Emulation doesn't count
    Guybrush Threepwood;60117 said:
    Linux get the Penny Arcade games! Well, that's one (hopefully) good game...
    Oh there's some great free games that come with the O.S., :D but not really anything good commercial.
    dg10050;60024 said:
    Sam and Max does work fine in Linux
    Not for everyone :( I'm having troubles
Add Comment