User Avatar Image

Mistakes, plot holes and comic canon violations in the game (spoilers)

posted by Actinguy1 on - last edited - Viewed by 5.1K users
When you're in the pharmacy and trying to get the keys, you discover you're locked in and nobody has the code to the lock.

So the answer to the puzzle is you have to go to the motel to save Glenn, and get the fireaxe while you're there.

Ummm...

How can I go to the motel when I'm LOCKED INSIDE THE PHARMACY?
163 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Try not to think too much of the plot holes.
    Or not

Lee is afraid to retrieve keys from in front of the dead cop's mouth, as if he knew what zombies were.
    Hershel knew to shoot zombies in the head.(Or enraged at his son's death, chose to destroy their heads, dunno.)
    Lee drops every weapon he gets his hands on. Hammer, Cane, Screwdriver, Axe. He also ignores background items that could be weapons, like the rake in Clem's yard.(Didn't have the hammer either at the time so...)
    Lee and Doug don't immediately tell people that zombies are heading their way after reentering the pharmacy. They head straight for the nitro pills. (Why couldn't we choose to just let Larry die? I would have liked to give him the wrong pills or something.)
  • Most of those have explanations.
    Lee is afraid to retrieve keys from in front of the dead cop's mouth, as if he knew what zombies were.
    Actually, I did wonder about this one myself, but maybe he was more afraid that the guard wasn't dead and would roll over and shoot him or something for trying to escape. I dunno.
    Hershel knew to shoot zombies in the head.(Or enraged at his son's death, chose to destroy their heads, dunno.)
    Ah, that's just instinct. You see walking corpses, I'm pretty sure you're going to aim for the head, no matter who you are.
    Lee drops every weapon he gets his hands on. Hammer, Cane, Screwdriver, Axe. He also ignores background items that could be weapons, like the rake in Clem's yard.(Didn't have the hammer either at the time so...)
    Both the hammer and the icepick got stuck in zombie skulls, and I don't think Lee was quite desensitized enough to go lean down and dislodge them just yet. He'd rather just leave them and pick something else up when he needs it. Also, he didn't drop the axe, he gave it to Kenny to clear his way to the truck at the end (Kenny is still holding onto it when he comes back to get you).
    Lee and Doug don't immediately tell people that zombies are heading their way after reentering the pharmacy. They head straight for the nitro pills.
    Alright, that one I'm not sure about. It's possible these zombies lose interest in something once they can no longer see or hear it. They only actually start trying to get into the drug store after the alarm goes off.
  • BlankCanvasDJ;602385 said:

Ah, that's just instinct. You see walking corpses, I'm pretty sure you're going to aim for the head, no matter who you are.

Hershel didn't know they were walking corpses. No one does until you see one get up. And why assume that it takes a shot to the head? Later on in the game during the sneaky snake(how I refer to stealth) section, Lee stabs a zombie in the chest because he thinks that will do enough before having to stab it a second time in the head. Everyone should assume a shot to the upper torso will kill especially if they're gun trained.

As for the hammer, it didn't get stuck on my game. You can actually kill that zombie in two ways with the hammer, though her head always looks the same. Take your time and only hit her again if she moves and you only hit her 3 times instead of the 5-6(when he freaks out and starts mutilating her.)

Correct me if i'm wrong on this, it's possible I simply lagged and missed the mutilation part.
  • Chillforce;602503 said:
    Hershel didn't know they were walking corpses. No one does until you see one get up.
    They're rotting and have missing body parts. I'm not saying he knew it was the ONLY way to kill them, I'm just saying if you see the undead chomping on your son, you're probably not going to think about what's the most vulnerable spot, you're just going to shoot them in the face.
  • BlankCanvasDJ;602569 said:
    They're rotting and have missing body parts. I'm not saying he knew it was the ONLY way to kill them, I'm just saying if you see the undead chomping on your son, you're probably not going to think about what's the most vulnerable spot, you're just going to shoot them in the face.
    Yeah. That certainly would be my reaction. lol

I find it interesting that later, when Herschel and Rick speak about killing walkers, Herschel reacts like killing them is a terrible thing. This is probably due to the emotional affect of Shawn's death though. Fickle damn people. Sure, everything changes when it's your kin on the line. Screw everyone else.
  • Lee took Carley in the back door.
  • Did anyone notice that people still refer to Clem as Lee's daughter even after he says she isn't?
  • SyFy_Girl;603771 said:
    ...that people still refer to Clem as Lee's daughter even after he says she isn't?
    Yeah.. that was commented on quite a bit in another thread. Really unsure as to why this is, but... eh..
  • I think because they look alike?

I would assume a a man and a girl can be father and daughter if I see them together.
  • I just think it's because he's become her de facto father. Also, the only characters who don't know she isn't your daughter are the ones you've told.
This discussion has been closed.