User Avatar Image

The Duck conspiracy (spoiler)

posted by Voyrin on - last edited - Viewed by 8.8K users
I warn you, major spoiler ahead.

I for one, want Duck dead. And I know a lot of you want that too.

But unfortunately... if you look in the episode images in the game (when loading a save) "episode 3: long road ahead" You will see duck in the train.

so I'm sorry.. but Duck is gonna bother us for 2 or more episodes :(
188 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I bet all the young children are going to live, the game developers would get a backlash in some countries if they killed them off. I don't think they feel they have the freedom to do so in game design.

It would be interesting if they made the currently sympathetic characters less so in the future, and redeemed some of the unsympathetic ones.... I doubt they will somehow
  • I doubt Duck will live all the way through. He seems to exist solely to show off how anyone, including kids, can die in The Walking Dead. Nobody wants Clementine to die. :p
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Im_The_Foreman;604854 said:
    I don't think they feel they have the freedom to do so in game design.
    I think they do. And I assume that Duck will be killed also (or that this will be a possibility). Honestly, you hear his first words in episode 1 and cannot but think that this one has a short life span. ;)
  • Duck = Most Annoying Kid in a Game Ever
  • Kids die in the comics . . . and in the tv series. So, yeah. Duck is why Shawn died. I mean, Shawn was an idiot to stand in front of a tractor that he let a little kid 'pretend' to drive, but yeah, Duck killed Shawn as much if not more than his dad did.
  • I have a feeling Duck's plot armor won't last long. Look at how many died in the first episode alone.
  • Vainamoinen;604863 said:
    I think they do. And I assume that Duck will be killed also (or that this will be a possibility). Honestly, you hear his first words in episode 1 and cannot but think that this one has a short life span. ;)
    I'd agree but games are a whole different beast with the ESRB to deal with. The comics don't have the ratings boards like that to deal with. That's why I honestly don't think you'll see a kid killed off in the games. Even though I'd off Duck just for running over Shawn's leg.
  • PsychoRaven;604928 said:
    I'd agree but games are a whole different beast with the ESRB to deal with. The comics don't have the ratings boards like that to deal with. That's why I honestly don't think you'll see a kid killed off in the games. Even though I'd off Duck just for running over Shawn's leg.
    Might explain why there are only two kids as of right now and one is mandatory to live for story reasons.

Would explain why Duck just wouldn't die during the tractor scene.
  • Kids can be killed off camera or without being shown as walker chow.
  • Wow, you guys. It's not cool to wish death upon mentally disabled kids. Even though he would totally have it coming.
This discussion has been closed.