User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 447.7K users
One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.
38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    10:48 PM in Germany: I was so dead tired I thought I'd drop dead on the spot. Then the newly installed FUCKING FIRE ALARM WENT OFF.

11:25 PM Very awake now and panicking that this thing goes off again. From a teensy bit of bug spray.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    Woah. I just found out you could click and drag to expand or decrease the size of the quick reply window. It's funky when you drag it beyond the size of the toolbar.
  • Looking at stuff today to revise for the exam on Thursday.

Realise I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing or how to do the exam.

*sigh*

Oh well. Its not the end of the world right? I'll keep trying to revise tomorrow and wednesday, and I'll try my hardest on this exam.

But I've pretty much cocked up this 3rd year module.

I got till Tuesday to revise for the next one, and thats a 2nd year module, so I think I can prepare a bit better for that one.

Got to try to be optimistic, right?
    (struggling not to beat myself up over my difficulty with revision/exams/coursework ect.
    Just need to try to focus on it)

EDIT: *sigh* Videogames/tinkering is so much easier and fun.
    If I could get a job I'd find fun or at least engaging, I'd probably be able to do some amazing work.
    (Best hope would be to make that job. Once Uni ends, I think I should seriously start trying to commit myself to improving some skills, (well I have to deal with my anxiety first... Thats the main priority here) Just making and tinkering with stuff. Maybe I could deal with both by doing some kind of time-fixed project. Something small, something involving others maybe. Maybe do something like mojam.
    Expose myself to a bit of social pressure, but not too much that I beat myself up over failing
    Just make it very small at first, like "design a puzzle", or "write a short story", or "draw this", but then once I get more confident, I can build it up)

EDIT 2: If I were to design a "game" out of making games, then that might motivate me.
    (Objective, goal-driven, steady difficulty curve. Throw in a few things to keep it interesting)

EDIT 3: Some goals, some objectives, some direction is probably what I need right now.
    Structure is something I've always lacked, and I feel it might be good to try to start building some foundations at least.

Well. I'm going to go to bed in a minute. Need to get up early, have some breakfast, re-look into what I need to know for the exam, and set myself a few small things to do for it, for X amount of time, and see how well it works for me.
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    Just unpacked my new Dirt Devil handheld vacuum. There was a label on it stating the vital importance of reading the instructions before use, so I did.

Glad I didn't miss out on those little nuggets of wisdom!
  • What? Is tonight sacred or something? Where is everybody?
  • They all want to sniff the cigar eh?
    Hmm
    That doesn't sound right... or maybe it just sounds too right.
  • sniff the cigar?
  • See, what I did there was take his avatar, apply a common gesture stereotypical of high class society, and turn it into perverted innuendo.
This discussion has been closed.