User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 80.9K users
What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".
5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style

Ordered the UK-Version so I don't need to download the EN-client with their horrible torrent server.

I Google-Shopping'ed this game, and I found that any reputable, recognizable (to me) online store sold this game for $40 to $50... It also said prices started at $25 "nearby"!

So I clicked "nearby" and it said a local Sears was selling at $25 with limited stock (and Sears doesn't sell used games). So I went and bought it. The reason why it was so low apparently is because it was on clearance.

I obtained the last copy on the shelf. :)

They were also selling Super Paper Mario on clearance, which I want as well, but I was able to restrain myself and buy only one game.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Alcoremortis;605622 said:
    I bought...

Legend of Grimrock!

Let the fun begin!
    Oh yes!!

I'm probably a half hour from the ending... but can't get myself to finish. Too scared. ;)
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    A 15.6 volt Dirt Devil!

Yeah, you know you're getting old when the shipping notification for this thing gives you a little thrill of excitement.
  • Chyron8472;606125 said:
    I Google-Shopping'ed this game, and I found that any reputable, recognizable (to me) online store sold this game for $40 to $50... It also said prices started at $25 "nearby"!

So I clicked "nearby" and it said a local Sears was selling at $25 with limited stock (and Sears doesn't sell used games). So I went and bought it. The reason why it was so low apparently is because it was on clearance.
    Huh. I tried to do the same thing, with the same result, except that for some reason, every Sears in the results is way down in south Denver.
  • GuruGuru214;606167 said:
    Huh. I tried to do the same thing, with the same result, except that for some reason, every Sears in the results is way down in south Denver.
    You could always call a local one and ask.
  • image image

My life is complete ^^ :D
  • Hey, y'know how I said I was gonna stop buying games? Yeah, that was a lie.
    [Center]
    [/Center]

...£20 for the lot. At a fiver a game, that's not bad at all. Very happy with The Saboteur, been looking for that on the PS3 at a while now, but it's never really been as cheap as I'd like.

£3.99 from a charity shop. Excellent condition.

Made me feel a little better after a shitty day... :)
Add Comment