1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Nice deals! To bad I al ready own them. :(
  • Weekend deal : Rebellion Bullseye 50% off .

The following games are on sale :

Empire Earth: Gold Edition
    Empire Earth 2 Gold Edition
    Empire Earth 3
    Evil Genius
    Ground Control + Expansion
    Ground Control 2: Operation Exodus SE
    Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death
    Lords of Magic: Special Edition
    Lords of the Realm: Royal Edition
    Lords of the Realm 3
    Pinball Gold Pack
    Sniper Elite: Berlin 1945

New releases :

Thief™ 3: Deadly Shadows
    Anomaly: Warzone Earth
  • Why is it called "Rebellion Bullseye?"

edit: oh. because the developer is Rebellion. =\

I'm an idiot.
  • New Release: Alan Wake

$15 instead of regular $30 price for a week.

(also includes the DLC)

GO GET IT!!! :D
  • Isn't that a Steamworks title normally (requires Steam)?
    Also looking back at it I wouldn't really recommend it.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Yup, originally on Steam, now DRM-free. I might give it a try - not that many 3rd person games around these days...

It's interesting how GOG manages to finally get some more recent games (including "Assassin's Creed" even).
  • From GOGs facebook:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare will be available for pre-orders tomorrow!
    The game will be available 10% off for $17.99, but if you purchased Alan Wake on GOG.com, the second part is 25% off--that's $14.99 for a game you are not allowed to miss.

EDIT: Either way, it looks like Alan Wake + American Nightmare works out about the same on GOG and Steam. (For the UK at least!)
    (Save on core game on GOG, but American Nightmare is a little cheaper on Steam)

So essentially its DRM-Free GOG version vs Steam version.

ooooohh... thats a toughie for some.
    (Not for me. Mind already made up!)

EDIT 2: Deal is up, and its price matching Steam.
    (Which makes it the best deal! :D)

GOG Wins.
  • It's interesting how GOG manages to finally get some more recent games (including "Assassin's Creed" even).
    I wonder if GoG will get the later Assassin's Creed games, because the first one is the only one from the series that didn't have Ubi's proprietary DRM thingie.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Farlander;608895 said:
    I wonder if GoG will get the later Assassin's Creed games, because the first one is the only one from the series that didn't have Ubi's proprietary DRM thingie.
    Yes, yes, yes. If GOG starts picking up Ubisoft franchises only five years after their original release, there might be an itty bitty chance left that one day I'll play "Beyond Good & Evil 2" (as of now announced to be "in full production" again - for future CONSOLES though).

I'm still not sure whether I'll give the original Assassin's Creed a shot. The collecting in this game seems to be very limited, and when you collect all the irrelevant stuff, the internet tells me you get "an achievement". Ah, the ugly insubstantial cancer of consolification. :rolleyes:

Ah well, let's wait for a Sale. After all, that's what this thread is for. :D
Add Comment