User Avatar Image

Tex Murphy Kickstarter

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users
An IMPORTANT MESSAGE from "ChrisJones", administrator of the forum of The Unofficial Tex Murphy website (it's maybe the most important website for Tex Murphy) - presumibly speaking for Chris Jones himself :

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with your computer monitor. Do not attempt to refresh the page.

We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper.

We control your computer monitor - but you control the fate of the Tex Murphy franchise.

Tune in to the Unofficial Tex Murphy website on Tuesday, March 20 to receive further instruction.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled internet browsing.
Chris Jones acquired the rights for Tex Murphy back in the 2009.
Is his franchise ready for Kickstarter???? I think yes!!!!
We'll know tomorrow!!!!
51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Darth Marsden;610424 said:
    Little confused by the $50 Tier. Is it saying we get one GOG.com download PLUS all three of the games mentioned?

Just need to know so I can judge which tier to go for. :)
    To me it says you can get one of the old games from GOG and you get 3 digital versions of the original posters for Overseer, Pandora Directive & UaKM.
  • corruptbiggins;610428 said:
    To me it says you can get one of the old games from GOG and you get 3 digital versions of the original posters for Overseer, Pandora Directive & UaKM.
    Ah, somehow I missed the word 'posters'. Not quite sure how I did that!

Eh, I was gonna back this thing whatever. Some posters might be nice...
  • Darth Marsden;610429 said:
    Ah, somehow I missed the word 'posters'. Not quite sure how I did that!
    Excitement, probably.
  • corruptbiggins;610430 said:
    Excitement, probably.
    ...yes, yeah, let's go with that.
  • Awesome. I think I'll be going for the $100 option.

Seeing Rook in the Kickstarter video made me punch the air with excitement. I hope they bring Louie back for the new game too, with his revolting menu of course!

Tex is back, baby! Yeeeaaaaaahhhhhh!!!
  • Let's get Tex Murphy back on our screens! Sam and Max have returned. Guybrush has returns, surely Tex deserves a come back! Pledge your heart and soul out people :)
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    I love that the kickstarter model is working so well for adventure game veterans. I just had to pledge $100 for this one too. Boy, I sure hope my credit card can take the load.

And, hopefully no more come to kickstarter for a good while. I really think $500 is my limit. :eek:
  • Given I may soon be unemployed, I share your concern. Enough Kickstarters already! We're suffering from an overload of awesome causes to throw monies at!
  • Darth Marsden;610424 said:
    Little confused by the $50 Tier. Is it saying we get one GOG.com download PLUS all three of the games mentioned?

Just need to know so I can judge which tier to go for. :)
    You get one Tex game on GoG, and downloads of three non-Tex games by the developer, which aren't on GoG. Don't get too excited, they're kind of casual hidden object games more than real adventures, but they have some good puzzles.

Anyone who doesn't give to this is a bad person. The Tex Murphy games were amazing and have aged better than almost any 3D games of their time.
  • UPDATE: The Project Fedora Kickstarter just went over the 50% mark! We're halfway there and still have 25 days to go! If you haven't made your donation yet, there's still plenty of time -- not that you should wait! :) http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/texmurphy/tex-murphy-project-fedora

Telltale staff...I know some of you are Tex fans, too (https://twitter.com/#!/telltalegames/status/1479912470)! :) Hope we can count on you as well!
Add Comment