User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 77.5K users
So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!
4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • swedish_jedi;610963 said:
    Anyone seen this developer diary for the upcoming Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/developer-diary-doctor-who/730167

Any thoughts about the game? I have a problem with that every DW game they make today is supposed to be an "interactive episode" of the show. Why can't they just focus on making a good game instead?
    I'm actually looking forward to it myself. Although I doubt anyone will want to play the co-op side with me (everyone in the household hates the show. Weirdos. :P). Any idea if the PC version has online?
  • Hey, whaddya know? Doctor Who is better than Star Wars.

• Darth Marsden;611934 said:
    Well they had to have something equally as awesome as Episode One, which is the one with [Spoiler]every Dalek EVER[/Spoiler]. It'll be an absolute tragedy if they change it from that name. Best episode title ever.
    Especially if it has neither dinosaurs or spaceships.

Speaking of which, the 11th doctor hasn't really had a proper space-ship episode yet, has he? I mean, "The Beast Below" was pretty much only technically a space ship. In all other respects it was just a town. And "Flesh and Stone" was, well, a forest.
  • Friar;611942 said:

Speaking of which, the 11th doctor hasn't really had a proper space-ship episode yet, has he? I mean, "The Beast Below" was pretty much only technically a space ship. In all other respects it was just a town. And "Flesh and Stone" was, well, a forest.
    Victory of the Daleks/Curse of the Black Spot/The Doctor's Wife/A Good Man Goes To War (well, Space Base)/ The God Complex/ Closing Time

In other news, the (heavily cut) first episode of A Thousand Tiny Wings is now on iPlayer.
  • The point is that there's not really been an episode set on a spaceship that felt like a spaceship.

Victory of the Daleks - Only for, like, 5 minutes. That doesn't count.
    Curse of the Black Spot - Again, only at the resolution.
    The Doctor's Wife - Technically that's an alien planet. Of sorts.
    A Good Man Goes To War (well, Space Base) - Answered yourself there.
    The God Complex - It didn't feel like a spaceship.
    Closing Time - Briefly, at the end. Doesn't count.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Hey, hey, what about "The Girl in the Fireplace"? ;)
    Friar;611942 said:
    Dinosaurs AND spaceships? Why, this has never been done before!!

Add Comment