User Avatar Image

The Journey Down

posted by Jennifer Moderator on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users
There's a new point and click adventure game out (that's the first chapter of a four part series) called The Journey Down. It is $7US and it's an HD remake of a free low-resolution AGS game (that's still available to download for free from the Journey Down website), with new HD graphics, full voiceovers, plus some additional locations and puzzles.

Developer Skygoblin was "inspired by the cartoony style of Bill Tiller's COMI, as well as Peter Chan's Full Throttle and Grim Fandango", and you can definitely see the influence in the art direction. :)

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Until the Wretcher comes out, this will be the greatest adventure game to come out of AGS, although the commercial version is no longer AGS.
  • User Avatar Image
    ArthurV Telltale Staff
    Sounds very cool. Will check it out. I've had good experiences with adventures games with the word "Journey" in the title. :)
  • Love this game! Worth the money/time.. One of the better Lucasarts style adventures to come along recently. :)
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Some of the retailers write that this has "no DRM" - can anybody confirm that this means what it suggests? Otherwise, I'd hope for a GOG version... ;)
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    Vainamoinen;612126 said:
    Some of the retailers write that this has "no DRM" - can anybody confirm that this means what it suggests? Otherwise, I'd hope for a GOG version... ;)
    It's true. It was originally released with SecuROM, but Skygoblin decided to remove it and go DRM-free. They uploaded an updated DRM-free build to all of the places where the game is available.
  • I played this and it's a pretty nice game actually. Maybe a little short, but episodic games often do feel that way. There's a nice review of it here if anyone wants to check out what it's about http://games.sofawarriors.com/blogs/marylou/journey-down-chapter-one
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Yeah, but 12,99 € for ONE episode? How long is the first chapter exactly?
  • It's got a fair amount of puzzles, but the quality is entirely worth it. It's not like the first episode of The Silver Lining. I haven't seen an adventure game so beautiful artistically and instantly endearing since Grim Fandango.
  • Wanna get it but it's far too much. Everyone who's cheap like me should get The Dream Machine instead, especially now as it's on aul Stame.

Hopefully they package a few more episodes together at a cheaper price down the line, I really do wanna try this, but not at that price.
Add Comment