User Avatar Image

Tex Murphy Kickstarter

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 2.8K users
An IMPORTANT MESSAGE from "ChrisJones", administrator of the forum of The Unofficial Tex Murphy website (it's maybe the most important website for Tex Murphy) - presumibly speaking for Chris Jones himself :

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with your computer monitor. Do not attempt to refresh the page.

We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper.

We control your computer monitor - but you control the fate of the Tex Murphy franchise.

Tune in to the Unofficial Tex Murphy website on Tuesday, March 20 to receive further instruction.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled internet browsing.
Chris Jones acquired the rights for Tex Murphy back in the 2009.
Is his franchise ready for Kickstarter???? I think yes!!!!
We'll know tomorrow!!!!
51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Now that I have funded this kickstarter it reminds me that I actually need to play the original series now! XD
  • I don't really like the tex games but still pledged $100.. But I am now thinking of dropping that considerably and giving extra money to two guys instead... I actually like their games and their kickstarter is not going as well.
  • Irishmile;611882 said:
    I don't really like the tex games but still pledged $100.. But I am now thinking of dropping that considerably and giving extra money to two guys instead... I actually like their games and their kickstarter is not going as well.
    Any donation amount helps get us closer to the goal -- thanks for your pledge! And I know that Tex fans wish good luck to the Two Guys From Andromeda, too!
  • In case you're worried about making it through all of the previous Tex games in order to enjoy 'Project Fedora,' the newest update from Aaron Conners might put you at ease!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/texmurphy/tex-murphy-project-fedora/posts/232882

But, still...you should play the older games either way. :) You won't regret it!
  • There's a great new interview with Chris Jones and Aaron Conners discussing the project. Check it out and consider pledging. Tex needs your help!

http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/21348
  • Tex fans are amazing. I'm so happy to see this doing well. Still got a ways to go, but it's looking pretty good right now.
  • For those of you keeping track, Project Fedora is now officially two-thirds of the way to meeting the funding goal! Still 17 days left to make your pledge -- but why wait?? :)
  • 75% and counting. Looking good. Hopefully E3 doesn't derail things.

I'm way more excited about this than any other adventure game. Even though I liked the Space Quest games just as much as the Tex games, the Tex games always pushed the genre foreward, and the new SpaceVenture seems firmly stuck in the past (which also makes it appealing in its own right, but there are more adventure games like that).

I really want to see both, though.
  • I never played the Tex Murphy games (I mainly played the other Sierra Quest games and Monkey Island) but I am keen to support this. It's just I really really want the SpaceVenture kickstarter to succeed. If it does then I'll be looking forward to supporting Tex Murphy. Oh and thanks to the current Tex Murphy supporters supporting SpaceVenture :)
  • I urge the members here to back this project if you haven't. The game will be GREAT and we still need 100 more backers if Tex will be released from his crazy clown kidnapper!

texmurphy.com
Add Comment