11 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    langley Telltale Staff
    While I can't say that it's not an homage to Fate of Atlantis (Jared would have to confirm or deny), that theme is actually a 13th century medieval hymn called Dies Irae... which translates to "Day of Wrath." Based on the title alone, you can guess why it was used in the game. This theme has appeared in movies like The Shining and, yes, did appear in Fate of Atlantis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqCEhmqsSnY
  • langley;61828 said:
    While I can't say that it's not an homage to Fate of Atlantis (Jared would have to confirm or deny), that theme is actually a 13th century medieval hymn called Dies Irae... which translates to "Day of Wrath." Based on the title alone, you can guess why it was used in the game. This theme has appeared in movies like The Shining and, yes, did appear in Fate of Atlantis.
    Ah. I'd heard of the Dies Irae before but never actually got around to listening to it. That makes more sense.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    Andrew's right - I don't think its inclusion in the game was specifically an FOA reference, but that's a nice coincidence either way :)
  • ...on the other hand, there is this strange hat hanging on the jackalope in stinky's...
  • Speaking of music, I have to say that the arrangements in this episode were fantastic! My favorite piece is still from 201, in Santa's cabin, but 205's soundtrack comes in a close second.
  • Yeah this soundtrack was great! ill refrain from quoting max's comment on mimesweeper after you put it in ping. Also the music in the elve's toy factory sounded reminescent of a jazz piece ive heard before...
  • I thought the general tune sounded a bit like the one from Hugh Bliss' room in 106.
  • wisp;61837 said:
    ...on the other hand, there is this strange hat hanging on the jackalope in stinky's...
    I think it belongs to Flint Paper
  • I don't know why, but the tune in the subway station (in 205) really got to me. That was really, really neat.
  • I don't know why, but it really reminds me of Monkey Island 2's final chapter. Lovely stuff. :D
Add Comment