User Avatar Image

The Kickstarter/Crowdfunding thread

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 34.8K users
Since there's probably going to be a fair few Kickstarter projects that aren't done by Tim Schafer, I thought it might be nice to start a separate thread for all the little games on Kickstarter that don't get as much exposure.

For example: Feeble's Fable: The Legend of Runes by Atomic Chimp Games. Another point-and-click adventure game, but this one is going for more of a cute and charming feel. It definitely looks interesting, though they've nowhere near the backing they need. :(

And another: Americana Dawn by one guy, Max K. Lambert. It's a freeware retro-styled RPG about the French & Indian War and the American War for Independence. Kickstarter page is a little bare (he doesn't actually say what he needs the money for, for one), but it looks like an awesome game.

So let's see what other Kickstarter projects you think is worth shining a little light on!
1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    HeXit is a sci-fi point and click adventure game, which could become an episodic adventure series if the first game is successful.

This one looks really interesting, the graphic design is phenomenal, and they're only asking for $75,000US, which should certainly be doable. :)
  • Dammit, quit making me back stuff! Now I'm backing HeXit and Crystal Catacombs, a retro-styled rouge-like RPG in a Metrodvania-like world that's only asking for 7½ grand and should easily make it. Gah!

Also, dude has a cat in his video. This is instantly awesome.

EDIT: I don't normally do this, but the music in the video convinced me to up my pledge so I could get the chiptune soundtrack. So it MUST be good if it actually got me of all people to do it.
  • Shit, that cat is an attention whore. Whine whine whine.
  • It just wants feeding. Mine's the same way. Actually, my cat looks an awful lot like that one. Hmm...
  • Dead State Kickstarter link.

For those Walking Dead fans...this game is from ex-Troika/Obsidian alumni. Looks to be an attempt to create a more classic zombie survival game. Focus on characters, roleplay elements, defending your base of operations, etc.
  • Darthchair;619097 said:
    Dead State Kickstarter link.

For those Walking Dead fans...this game is from ex-Troika/Obsidian alumni. Looks to be an attempt to create a more classic zombie survival game. Focus on characters, roleplay elements, defending your base of operations, etc.
    Wait, REALLY?

I've been following this game for a long time and I saw this Kickstarter pretty much as soon as it went up, but somehow I missed that Obsidian and TROIKA devs were on this thing! WOW. TROIKA.
  • I was a big fan of Troika too. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines was pretty fantastic. And spooky at times. I always marveled at how my character was an epic vampire and here I was running around freaked the heck out by a haunted mansion. ^_^

Arcanum...I would kill to have a sequel to that. We really lack roleplaying games (or adventure games) that really have that Steampunk feel to it. And Steampunk is so popular these days...what gives?

But yeah long live Dead State! I do kinda wish they would have a few "pretty" female character portraits though. They all kind of look like female dwarves from what I have seen so far. Haha.
  • Okay, this one has to be my favorite unlikely-to-be-successful listing on Kickstarter:

"FEARLESS: A 3d action game with different obstacles and different worlds that the character must face in order to become the ultimate worrier." :)
  • gamingafter40;619885 said:
    Okay, this one has to be my favorite unlikely-to-be-successful listing on Kickstarter:

"FEARLESS: A 3d action game with different obstacles and different worlds that the character must face in order to become the ultimate worrier." :)
  • "Oh, crap! Did I leave the iron on?"
Add Comment