User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 77.4K users
Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.
5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Today's Daily Deal is Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Kill (Remastered). I hear it's not too bad. £2.99 / $3.49.
  • Those games are all amazing. Except the one with the cooking mini game (not this one)
    If you want to start the series this is the game to choose because it is the remade version of the first game.
  • I'd have bought it if it weren't first person. NOT a fan of those.

Today's Daily Deal is Worms Crazy Golf, a game that combines some of my favourite things - Crazy Golf and explosions! Woo! £1.57 / $2.49. No other Worms game is on offer though, sadly.
  • NOT a fan of those.
    Even The Last Express?
  • Farlander;620905 said:
    Even The Last Express?
    Never played it.

[Hands in his gamer card]
  • Darth Marsden;620915 said:
    Never played it.

[Hands in his gamer card]
    This expired three years ago!

Time to get to the revival centre for some "re-education"!
  • Darth Marsden;620915 said:
    Never played it.
    ... ... ... ... ... ...

Well, there's no point in killing you because that won't make you play it now, would it? :p It's on GoG. Technically it's first person gameplay, although it switches to third person during conversations and cutscenes.

One of the coolest features in the game is that everything's happening in real time. You've got three days, I think, to solve the mystery, and every character has his own goals, time table (what and when he's doing), and the game is VERY non-linear with several different endings.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of first-person adventure games, but The Last Express is just too damn awesome to miss just because of that.
  • The real-time thing puts me off as well. I like being able to play adventure games at my own pace, without being timed. I know all about the game, it just doesn't interest me. Everybody cool with that, or shall I just get me coat?
  • Darth Marsden;620929 said:
    The real-time thing puts me off as well. I like being able to play adventure games at my own pace, without being timed. I know all about the game, it just doesn't interest me. Everybody cool with that, or shall I just get me coat?
    Nah, I'm cool, let me just go get my shotgun.
  • Ha! Jokes on you! I've been eating bullets in increasing quantities so that I could build up an immunity! Top that!

Today's Daily Deal is Driver: San Francisco, which I HIGHLY recommend, especially at £4.99 / $7.49.
    There's also a deluxe edition for £6.24 / $8.74 with a few more cars and missions. Your call.

Also, Counter-Strike: Source is on offer. £4.76 / $6.80 for the next few days. No idea why.
Add Comment