User Avatar Image

Walking Dead Start/Activation Issue [Merged Thread]

posted by jenniferwhite on - last edited - Viewed by 4.4K users
When I click to play game I get this message: Your telltale account does not have license for this game. Would you like to go to telltale game and purchase this game now. I'VE ALREADY BOUGHT THIS GAME AND HAVE PLAYED IT PREVIOUSLY SO WHAT IS THE DEAL?????????:mad:
28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm having the same problem as well with my copy of The Walking Dead. I've had it once before when the Telltale site was down so I assumed it had something to do with an account server but now I'm not so sure about that.

I thought that once you activated the game with your account that was it, it was activated and didn't require any other checks. :confused:
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    It happens to me too at the moment. It's probably some server issue.
  • Hi
    I bought the game through this site earlier today, downloaded and ran the installs, then started up.
    Keep getting the same error each time it asks me to unlock the game:

"Unable to establish a connection to the Telltale servers to verify the ownership status of this account. Please ensure that you have an active internet connection."

Since then I've tried uninstalling, redownloading and reinstalling, adding to my firewall exceptions list, both email as username and username.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Hey,

It's possibly a server issue. Myself and a couple of others on the forum are having problems with our accounts that have already been activated. My only advice would be to wait awhile for the servers to start working again.
  • Ahh, I was wondering the same thing, played through on release, wanted to have another crack at it before the next instalment and I've got the same issue too.

At least I'm not alone :P
  • Ok, no worries. Couldn't see any posts about it earlier, will just play the waiting game.
    Thanks for the help :)
  • I'm also having this problem. Can't connect to the Telltale servers. When will this be resolved?
  • Can't say for sure, it's been like this for a couple of hours already. Best bet would be to give it half a day before trying again. Hopefully they should have someone working on the servers over the weekend, if not then we're not going have access till Monday probably.
  • Yeah it's been down for at least a hour and a half now, and nobody can access the game. It really sucks.
  • Our web team is looking into this now and it should be resolved soon. I definitely apologize for the inconvenience.
This discussion has been closed.